Has Anyone Peped The New Halo 3 Odst Helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Static

Jr Member
So I was browsing around the pep index, and I found this;
Avatorodst3.jpg

It's under the Halo 3: ODST Game Characters section. Link: http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index

I'm just wondering if anyone peped this, or even knew about it. If this doesn't belong here, mods can lock.

I know there's at least one other guy who said he was going to do it/had started already. I'm in the middle of pepping it, just finished the area around the visor beginning to curve outwards into the rest of the helmet.. I must say it is a great file and a great unfold too. It's gonna be a pretty easy and quick build (relatively speaking) and overall, I think I'd have to say I prefer this file over the WETA ODST.

Btw, I built it with a reduced angle threshold of 170, I find it gets rid of some of the unnecessary folds. Give it a try, I think you'll like it.

some people are currently building it, not saying who yet. I think they wanna announce themselves when they pepped it.
thats my file btw :p
I released it 3 a 4 days ago.
check my file base.

rundown said:
some people are currently building it, not saying who yet. I think they wanna announce themselves when they pepped it.
thats my file btw :p
I released it 3 a 4 days ago.
check my file base.

I did, and you've made some hardcore files. I love that Fallout helmet.
You do some amazing work.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in my introduction, I'm about to start making an ODST suit as I have so much time on my hands I might even be able to get it done for the launch of Halo ODST :D

Will update with my progress as I get on!

Hey I'm about to start the ODST helmet by Rundown. I'm about 5'10", how should I scale this. The scale factor has a height at 264, width at 224, and depth at 278. I was thinking about changing the height to 28.5 to 29cm. Is that a good fit for my height?

Bwriggle said:
Hey I'm about to start the ODST helmet by Rundown. I'm about 5'10", how should I scale this. The scale factor has a height at 264, width at 224, and depth at 278. I was thinking about changing the height to 28.5 to 29cm. Is that a good fit for my height?

That would fit perfectly for you.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
That would fit perfectly for you.

Thanks for the confirmations. This is going to be my first helmet. I feel pretty confident about it.

Well I started my own Rookie (but really for Romeo) helmet today, using Ral Partha's unfold. It saves about five or so pages and has better-looking tabs. No offense of course, Rundown, but I think we all know that Ral's are the best. Anyway, I've scored almost the entire helmet in an hour or so. It's actuall very easy. I just printed them in a random order based on what seemed good at the moment. Anyway, I've finally got all pages printed and scored, and, with an angle threshold on 162 degrees, the scoring is fast and simple. I'd sugguest turning off the Edge ID's on pages 1, 2, 6 and 12. Despite the model's complexity, it's actually not that bad to build it without the edge ID's. Just a thought.

dylan Snyder said:
where did you get Ral's unfold? i can't find it on the wiki and searching just pulled up stuff from a long time ago lol

Go to Nightshade's thread.

When you do a search and don't want to see the old posts first, make sure that you click "Sort by Date."

Nightshade said:
...No offense of course, Rundown, but I think we all know that Ral's are the best...

ouch!

as stated over in therpf, we LOVE rundown's files. i dont think there is any one person that is the "best" at modeling, unfolding etc. one man's trash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back