Has Anyone Used The Techform Tape Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakescar

I am getting ready to build some prop armor for a theatre production, and was wondering if anyone has used it. I am trying to get a friend in the medical field to gypsy requisition me a roll to experiment with. If anyone has tried it, I would love to know how it worked out.

If you wanted to make a Cast, as in you break your arm Cast, then it would be great.

What are you going to use it for I might ask?

i think he wants to strengthen his armour with it and ive seen people from other forums do it so i know it can be done but they say its really heavy, not sure though try it out

the stuff used to make casts does get very heavy, it is strong but the moment any water gets on it youre going to have weak points. itll deteriorate the stability. maybe beefing up the fibreglass would be the best route.

Thanks Folks,
Yea, I am building sort of quasi - roman breast plates for an updated production of "Antony and Cleopatra", think Mad Max meets Shakespeare.
I have been lurking here the past week or so, trying to find a economical and time efficient method to churn out a dozen or so by the second week of July.
Honestly, they need to last for 8 performances and 3 rehearsals and look great. Obviously, if they were to be more durable, I could reuse them in future productions.
I plan to make body forms for the men and women who will be wearing them out of Chicken wire then laminating with either, this Techform tape or cloth mache. The spraying them with rubberized undercoating and then painting them chrome and gloss coating. then lining the inside with felt.

your best bet might just be molding off of a roughly uniform size, one for the guys and one for the girls. post pictures though, mad max is my favorite movie ever. id love to see how everything ends up looking

dmage dame said:
your best bet might just be molding off of a roughly uniform size, one for the guys and one for the girls. post pictures though, mad max is my favorite movie ever. id love to see how everything ends up looking
dmage, I will take pics, once they are done. I was actually hoping to find a male and female mannequin to use as forms. Although some of the actress' involved are a "gifted"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back