Having trouble uploading 3D STL files

Status
Not open for further replies.

G TaS

Hey guys having trouble uploading 3d STL files, whenever i try to upload it says the files in my folders aren't there, but when i go to print in CURA they are there?

Hey guys having trouble uploading 3d STL files, whenever i try to upload it says the files in my folders aren't there, but when i go to print in CURA they are there?

I'm not 100% on what you mean by upload but I'm guessing that you're meaning showing up on your printer since you mentioned CURA. Cura is a slicer program that generates G-code which is essentially instructions for your machine to follow to build the model described by the .stl file. If you're trying to upload an .stl to most printers they won't understand what you're feeding them since the only information there is simply an object and no instructions on how to build it. I say most because there is a few exceptions out there but generally you export g-code from Cura, upload it to your printer and then out comes the sweet, sweet printed part.

For example I'm running a Wanhao printer and my workflow is to output an .stl file from Fusion 360, properly scale and add supports and temperature information in Cura and export g-code onto an SD card, then that card gets plugged into the printer and the file is selected.

Yes, I am familiar with 3d printing, I’m currently printing my halo 3 mark VI chest. I worded what I meant weirdly, What I mean more specifically is I’m trying to upload STL to the post on this forum for people to use the free halo 3 weapon STL files I have, and they show up in my folders when normally looking, but on 405th forum post when I go to upload they are not there ?

Yes, I am familiar with 3d printing, I’m currently printing my halo 3 mark VI chest. I worded what I meant weirdly, What I mean more specifically is I’m trying to upload STL to the post on this forum for people to use the free halo 3 weapon STL files I have, and they show up in my folders when normally looking, but on 405th forum post when I go to upload they are not there ?
Just zip the files before upload (I think I know what you meant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back