Hawks UNSC Weapons Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Hawk

After seeing someone with a model of the M73 in the finished props section, I decided I wanted my own. This set me off on making my own model of the LMG since none that I know of exist. Since this is my third UNSC weapon, I figured I should start pooling together all my work instead of constantly opening up threads. this M73 is modeled after the Halo wiki 2D image of the M73A2. I'm not entirely finished, but if anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.
M73A2 model.PNG
M73A2.png

M73A2 accurate scale.PNG

After refering back to the Halo wiki for sizing information, I can confirm this is a to scale replica model. At a monstrous 4 feet long, the barrel is the correct 9.5mm diameter, and the magazine has space for the 9.5mm x 60mm ammunition. Probably going to do some finishing touches, but now Im just dreading the 2 months it will take to print this beast.

Once your done, could you upload & link the 3D model of this for the community? :love: Would love to 3D print this one day. (y)

This is amazing, I didn't even know it existed. I might have to try making one out of foam some day. Unless you would be willing to share or sell that 3d file.
either way good luck!!

Once your done, could you upload & link the 3D model of this for the community? :love: Would love to 3D print this one day. (y)
This is amazing, I didn't even know it existed. I might have to try making one out of foam some day. Unless you would be willing to share or sell that 3d file.
either way good luck!!

as soon as I figure out how best to print it I'll share the files as both Cura sliced files and Solidworks save files. At the moment ive been trying for the last 3 days to print this, and only 1 out of 9 prints has been successful. I'm very glad that you appreciate my model, and I plan to make more (hopefully equally detailed) models of lesser known halo weapons.

Should probably add this as a footnote, I'm sure I already said this, but since the M73 is so poorly documented, every picture of it is slightly different, so I took a little bit of artistic license with it to make it look how I believe it should. That said I plan to continue modeling it even as I print it to make sure its as accurate as it can be.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 535
  • 4.png
    4.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Low poly is good with me if I make it out of foam :cool:. Appreciate your generosity

Also idk if you've seen this thread but is this the gun you're trying to make? mblackwell1002 may have made a printable version of this. Not to diminish your work, just thought you might like to see it.

Also idk if you've seen this thread but is this the gun you're trying to make? mblackwell1002 may have made a printable version of this. Not to diminish your work, just thought you might like to see it.

kinda, I don't like the look of that one too much, it looks a little too much like the assault rifle from gears of war, so I modeled it after the M73A2 model off the wiki. However they are the same family.

kinda, I don't like the look of that one too much, it looks a little too much like the assault rifle from gears of war, so I modeled it after the M73A2 model off the wiki. However they are the same family.
Cool, I will eagerly await your build a then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back