Hayabusa Visors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc halo3

If anyone's up for it if you want hayabusa visors try cutting out the visor of snowboarding goggles that you can get from any skiware shop. So if you got cutting skills like this cat, try snowoarding goggles.Although the visor may be too thick it depends what type os goggles you get.

im going to make a haybusa helma dn i was thinking that once i fiberglass my helm and biondo it, i was going to bondo all the details onto the solid visor and then vacuform it. Afterwards i would take them to an auto paint place of some kind and have them tinted.

YuutaKenshi said:
im going to make a haybusa helma dn i was thinking that once i fiberglass my helm and biondo it, i was going to bondo all the details onto the solid visor and then vacuform it. Afterwards i would take them to an auto paint place of some kind and have them tinted.

though that would be a little bit expensive
but ski goggles are really cheap you dont have to buy really expensive ones,you just have to buy normal standard $5-10 goggles

Last edited by a moderator:
RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Sunglasses are for the EOD helm, Hayabusa has one joined visor.

radioactive microbe is very right sunglasses are for EOD helm not HAYABUSA helm

mjolnir follower said:
though that would be a little bit expensive
but ski goggles are really cheap you dont have to buy really expensive ones,you just have to buy normal standard $5-10 goggles

Not really, i can probably find a sheet of clear plastic, a large one, for about 5-10 bucks, maybe 20 depending on where i buy it. and i have some friends who can get it tinted for free. and then it would have those small details added to it too. and normally the 5-10 dollar ones arent reflective, just orange colored

YuutaKenshi said:
Not really, i can probably find a sheet of clear plastic, a large one, for about 5-10 bucks, maybe 20 depending on where i buy it. and i have some friends who can get it tinted for free. and then it would have those small details added to it too. and normally the 5-10 dollar ones arent reflective, just orange colored

not really 5-10-15 dollar goggles can have a reflective glare if you put some shine on or if you just look in the right store

YuutaKenshi said:

and also hayabusa visors are not reflective given to its small size and the helms shape if it was reflective it would be gold,but its not

mjolnir follower said:
and also hayabusa visors are not reflective given to its small size and the helms shape if it was reflective it would be gold,but its not
I believe it is reflective, you just never get a large amount of light on it in game because its covered by the brow of the helm. All the helm visors are gold in game, the same color. And also i was planning on making multiple ones of different colors, one would probably be a crimson, cuz you know that would be ultimately awesome on some gunmetal grey hayabusa armor, and im talking reflective like you never will see through to the persons eyes. (maybe some leds on the red one too. imagine seeing that in a dark alleyway)

YuutaKenshi said:
I believe it is reflective, you just never get a large amount of light on it in game because its covered by the brow of the helm. All the helm visors are gold in game, the same color. And also i was planning on making multiple ones of different colors, one would probably be a crimson, cuz you know that would be ultimately awesome on some gunmetal grey hayabusa armor, and im talking reflective like you never will see through to the persons eyes. (maybe some leds on the red one too. imagine seeing that in a dark alleyway)
Sweet! that would be sick, i wanted to do that to a helm, but i dont think you can get any red mirror hjc visors anywhere, well at least i havent seen any. if someone knows where to buy them online for less than $30 that would be sweet, if there are any.

Phoenix_92 said:
Sweet! that would be sick, i wanted to do that to a helm, but i dont think you can get any red mirror hjc visors anywhere, well at least i havent seen any. if someone knows where to buy them online for less than $30 that would be sweet, if there are any.
well, i havent been able to find many visors at all to buy, none red. whatd probably be happenign to mine is it be using tint film of some sort. higher variety of colors and darknesses

YuutaKenshi said:

even on the brightest map sand trap my hayabusa character was lying dead back to the floor and it only barely reflected, it stayed orange it never turned turned gold. and its an alternative not everyone can get free tinting and normally tinting is around 30-50-70 dollars.

For all of you who are saying 'NO YOU CAN'T USE SUNGLASSES FOR HAYABUSA HURR DURR', take a look at these.
RI612BKPI_LRG.jpg

Yeah, these aren't the greatest example, they aren't solid orange, they aren't large enough, etc, but they get the point across.

Go to any gas station or Dollar Store and you will be able to find reflective, orange sunglasses like these for $10 or less.

Tater Mane said:
For all of you who are saying 'NO YOU CAN'T USE SUNGLASSES FOR HAYABUSA HURR DURR', take a look at these.
RI612BKPI_LRG.jpg

Yeah, these aren't the greatest example, they aren't solid orange, they aren't large enough, etc, but they get the point across.

Go to any gas station or Dollar Store and you will be able to find reflective, orange sunglasses like these for $10 or less.

if they aren't large enough they'll look weird when you put them in and there will be this gap which would be a pain to fill in.though it does look good

ok true that they might nt be big enough but as said before the Hayabusa has a small visor slit. now i used sunglasses like this and it worked now i just have to glue them in. however there was a very small gap witch i coverd with a small piece of metallic orange fiberglassed cardstock and you really cant tell will post pics soon as get it glued

Edit: if youll notice my sig the Hayabusa does indeed have reflective lenes the only reason all the others are gold is because of the amount of light scale bungie put in the visors. not to mention none of the other helms have a almost fully enclosed visor like the 'busa does.

That's a good one! I never thought about snowboard goggles! I was just trying to look for motorcycle type visors, but all the ones I have been coming across are $30+!! I am trying to go a little cheaper than that especially since I would have to cut it to fit correctly. I will have to remember this when I begin on my hayabusa project again. It was currently put on hold due to my DARE costume. :p

I dont understand why it is neccesary to cut the visors to shape, when you can simply place the visor inside the helmet, and fiberglass behind it to keep it firmly in place, or hot glue I guess. Although I always did wonder how to detail the visors, would a dremmel kit work? Or is it some expensive complicated process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back