HD MA37 (unfolder will be needed soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harris007

Jr Member
HD MA37 (Upgrade from Rid3rs awesome Model)

Hey 405th, its been a while since I have been active on this site. Ever since the site changed, I haven't been on as much. But hopefully now as a welcome back gift to you guys, I have decided to make a HD model of the Reach assault rifle. There hasn't been an HD model out there so I decided to make one. First of all, I want to make this clear that most of the CREDITS GO TO RID3R for the actual 3D model. That model is a bit outdated so I am revamping it in a lot of areas, but I still want to acknowledge Rid3r for the creation of the file. Hopefully this prject will be done tomorrow and I will need an unfolder in that case. But until then, I will give you guys the goodies :)
Picture1.png

Picture1.png

Great job on this project Harris! The design looks really nice and it's not even done! It has some nice detail. I'll be waiting to take a wack at your design and whoever unfolds it. Good luck

i've seen this before and i have this file on sketchup already and this AR is modeled by Rid3r and he has already rendered it in blender and Carpathiavah99 i think it is has already undolded it, the file is here unless this is your own modeled file, but here is the link: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread

this is Rid3r's model. I am in no way claiming responsibility for the file. I am just updating it with little details here and there

oh ok well that's cool, good luck with that oh and did you ask him if you could or is the file just for yourself? just wondering because i don't want you to get in trouble you know

that should be good, hope he says yes man,BTW i have already made this AR and it is pretty sick! some parts were hard though

that should be good, hope he says yes man,BTW i have already made this AR and it is pretty sick! some parts were hard though

Good point,I'll go ahead and ask him before I will release it. So for now I will update you guys with progress, but will not release until I have written permission from Rid3r himself

Update Time!

I did very small minor work to the model. I fixed the ammo counter housing and upper housing design. It was tedious work but I got the job done. The grip is giving me a hard time though. I cannot get the right shape out. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?
Picture2.png

Picture2.png

I used sketchup to design an emergency room for a school project. Even thats not halo armor, I have a little experience. I would suggest drawing lines on the surfaces where you want the grip polygons to connect to the rest of the grip, and then just connect the points and fill in the area. Just my 2 cents

You may be interested to know that R1d3r's original sketchup model contained much more detail that the release. When I broke the rifle down into sections, I also reduced some of the detail to make it much more pep-friendly. If there are a lot of tiny details, it's much more difficult to pep. Anyone who has tried the ODST pistol on the halo wiki might agree. I'm not saying that your pep won't work, it will just be more of a challenge. I wish you all the best and I look forward to seeing the end product.

yah carpathiavh99 is right the odst gun was hard check out how warped it was when i did it if you can see it

PICT0101.jpg

PICT0101.jpg

I have started makeing the HALO 3 ODST M6S/socom silenced pistol. and i have been very successful so-far. I have NO warping on it at all. once it is done i will be making a mold of it. and making at thread so people can see it.

I have started makeing the HALO 3 ODST M6S/socom silenced pistol. and i have been very successful so-far. I have NO warping on it at all. once it is done i will be making a mold of it. and making at thread so people can see it.

lucky mine came out terible
@Rid3r, sweet now i am excited again and BTW very, very nice AR model

Check the date of the previous post before hitting 'Reply', please - this topic is three years old, and it's considered bad etiquette to post in threads that have been dead for so long.

As it happens, I have the file somewhere and I can possibly host it somewhere for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back