He4thbar's Fallout 3 t-45d BOS outcast power armor(COMPLETED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be buying the "blue" visor from icon prop visor sheets on etsy Flexible Metallic Visor material
reason being is because if you flip the visor upside down it reflects black instead of blue. then just cut to fit my eye holes :) just flat against the helmet is my idea.
Just had a look at the material on the Etsy page. I could be wrong, but if it's supposed to be a metallic finish on the blue side, wouldn't that make it hard to see out of if you put that on the inside?

Just had a look at the material on the Etsy page. I could be wrong, but if it's supposed to be a metallic finish on the blue side, wouldn't that make it hard to see out of if you put that on the inside?
My current build uses the same plastic. I've looked through both sides and it's about similar. In dark lighting. Yes it can be hard to see, but normal lighting, it's kind of like wearing sunglasses indoors. though everything gets a blue tint haha.

Thank you :).
Funny short update. Looks like I was given free battle damage by my demon cat. He decided it would be best to knock it off our art tower and chrw on it. At least it wasn't pep..
View attachment 282757 View attachment 282758
Who knew this cat was capable of such things...
View attachment 282759
Also side update. Got the back helmet tube connection done(minus those pesky detail indents), so time to work on the flashlight attachments and such
View attachment 282756 View attachment 282754 View attachment 282755
This helmet is coming together very nicely!

or just a lack of an eye?
Foam looks good, I don't have the patience for all the angled seams and keeping a sharp knife handy.
Lack of an eye haha, and thank you! And to be honest I had to bevel some of the edges with a rotor tool so a little patience :) better to cut less and rotor more imo. unless you're going for extreme accuracy of course.

Did some detail cuts, then added a bunch of details and pieces. Had to get a little creative with some of the parts because foam just wasn't gonna cut it.
Just some kwik sealing and this guy will be ready for a rubber coat!
IMG_20200126_171534.jpg
IMG_20200126_171525.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200126171618844_COVER.jpgIMG_20200126_171547.jpgIMG_20200126_171554.jpgIMG_20200126_171603.jpgIMG_20200126_171610.jpg
reference was from a full 3d model of this guy
1024x576.jpeg

Aww the googly eyes are gone

Nice work, can't wait to see the paintjob!
Probably will be a while till paint :) I just like to have my pieces primed, since I'm going to be doing them one at a time. Probably paint them all at the same time.
Once I make the protosuit we must meet on the field of battle!!! But still looks made good buddy. The details you have paid a lot of attention too.
Heck yess!!! Though you will probably dwarf me because the fallout 3 power armor is a bit smaller then fallout 4 haha. And thank you! Took a bit of patience and scraping to get the right pieces :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back