He4thbar's Fallout 3 t-45d BOS outcast power armor(COMPLETED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebuilt my helmet, there was quite a bit of missing angles/bevels that the original helmet had and I didn't think I did it justice. Now it's time to add some googly eyes and small details (and lamp).
Just look at the differences between my helmets it's crazy.
View attachment 289752 View attachment 289755
View attachment 289753 View attachment 289754 View attachment 289756 View attachment 289757 View attachment 289758 View attachment 289759 View attachment 289760 View attachment 289761
Just really amazing remodel! though your v1 still does look quite impressive! I was wondering if the line in the center of the eye area messes with your eye sight though it is minor but just really curoius.

Just really amazing remodel! though your v1 still does look quite impressive! I was wondering if the line in the center of the eye area messes with your eye sight though it is minor but just really curoius.
Thank you! and yeah i'm not throwing it away, the wife wants to give it a paint job still lol.
And I don't even notice it. maybe very slightly but nothing I can even recall, kind of like how you don't notice your nose in your vision. The v2 helmets vision is even better since it's not as narrow so i'm happy about that.

Helmet rebuild is complete. I would say the only thing left is a short neck guard on the chest piece and probably fix the tube on the back of the helmet.
This costume is just about ready for physical weathering and kwik sealing.
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200505213125906_COVER.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200505213132815_COVER.jpg 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200505213137603_COVER.jpg IMG_20200505_212319.jpg IMG_20200505_212341.jpg IMG_20200505_212354.jpg IMG_20200505_212400.jpg IMG_20200505_212426.jpg IMG_20200505_212438.jpg IMG_20200505_212452.jpg IMG_20200505_212613.jpg

I'm not really a Fallout guy, but I can appreciate the hell out of this. Excellent work!

Isaac Clarke from Dead Space is my dream non-Halo build but I haven't had much luck finding files for it, and doing it from scratch is intimidating. Maybe one day.

Keep it up!

I'm not really a Fallout guy, but I can appreciate the hell out of this. Excellent work!

Isaac Clarke from Dead Space is my dream non-Halo build but I haven't had much luck finding files for it, and doing it from scratch is intimidating. Maybe one day.

Keep it up!
Thank you!! and I see most of the people who build that one free hand it, good luck if you get to it!

he4thbar another personal favorite of mine for smaller rivets is actually to use B-B Pellets. They vary in size and easily adhere with superglue.

You can actually see use of this method on Cosplay Melee as well by a member working on fall out armor.

Such a beauty! Any particular reason for the Outcast paint that you have yet to apply? (if you already explained it sorry for asking)
Because i'm shallow and like the color scheme lmao. probably make it a not so black black, but it will have the red in it no matter what.
he4thbar another personal favorite of mine for smaller rivets is actually to use B-B Pellets. They vary in size and easily adhere with superglue.

You can actually see use of this method on Cosplay Melee as well by a member working on fall out armor.
the plastic ones I assume?

Because I'm mature I want to go back to the googly eyes and say they must really help with line of sight and field of view!

This build is awesome. I really like the attention to detail, and the helmet is absolutely killer!
I'm glad you think so because my wife still tells me I need to add details to it xD. appreciate it though! I am definitly happy with how it has turned out.

my wife still tells me I need to add details to it xD.

Pfffft. Let's see HER build one, then!

*mumbled* There's women for you, though. You spend all this time making a perfectly nice suit of power battle armor and what do you get? Complaints that there's not enough detail. Women! What with their times and seasons! Like to see them play the video games! I tell you what, some people's kids...

haha, she is a bit of an artist, so she gets real into the small stuff. I just tell her after spending so long on building the whole thing to where it is I forget the real small stuff :lol:

Well while I wait for foam.. you guys can see my next challenge. The prop.
Gonna make the Gatling Laser from fallout 4 (final.judgment) probably gonna try and convert a 3d file to foam
gatlingPing.PNG

1200px-Gatling_Laser_(Fallout_4).png gat3.PNG gat4.PNG
This is gonna be one big prop.
Probably use PVC for the core and foam for most of the rest. Maybe sintra if I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back