(COMPLETED)he4thbar's Rakshasa PMC Build (Halo Infinite)

11 months later and we are finished!!! Suits came out about as good looking as i'd hoped. I learned a lot from this build especially regarding vacuum forming and i'm happy to be able to take those skills to new projects.
I finished the night of the convention and with a lot of painting help from my wife they were con ready by friday evening.
Here are some pics of the completed suits.
PXL_20231118_175321018~3.jpg PXL_20231118_174234600.jpg PXL_20231118_185203684.jpgPXL_20231118_192127981.jpgPXL_20231118_184130600.jpgPXL_20231118_184730614.jpgPXL_20231118_175319994.jpg

and less we forget,
division always has your back. ( RandomRanger )
IMG_20231118_201149.jpg

Came out great he4thbar ! Anastasia looks fantastic too! I'm so glad you were able to both build a suit.

I'm sure you're aware, but just some critiques from comparing it to the render from your first post. I think it would be really easy to put a few final touches to get it to that screen accurate look. One, being the undersuit and lack of layers and pouches, which again I am sure you are aware of. And the other one is we need you to get dirtier. You've got the chipping, but very little grit and grime. Sizing and finish of the armor all looks great. Looking forward to seeing you at more events!

Came out great he4thbar ! Anastasia looks fantastic too! I'm so glad you were able to both build a suit.

I'm sure you're aware, but just some critiques from comparing it to the render from your first post. I think it would be really easy to put a few final touches to get it to that screen accurate look. One, being the undersuit and lack of layers and pouches, which again I am sure you are aware of. And the other one is we need you to get dirtier. You've got the chipping, but very little grit and grime. Sizing and finish of the armor all looks great. Looking forward to seeing you at more events!
Very aware lol! I actually wanted to make them even dirtier using sand and mud but we were to such a crunch point that I just wanted to make sure they were completed so I just had anastasia give it all a nice blackwash for affect.

My construction plan in the coming months/year is to get all the pouches built, finish some grenades, construct the marine rucksack (again).
and then if i'm feeling real ambitious a detached turret from infinite or 3.
I think I am going to negate the stomach plate though just for mobilities sake.

Thanks for the input and compliments! I am very excited to be back trooping and hanging with 405th more often, it really makes the events an even more enjoyable process for me personally.
Also, thanks for posting in your thread about the camo khaki paint, it was exactly as I wanted it to look.

I agree the color turned out really good. I figured it came down to the crunch. I'm glad you were able to finish something you were happy wearing, as you should be! I'll be looking for those updates. ;)

lol! That back doesn't look half bad, definitely needs a ruck sack though now that I look at it this closely

AMAZING JOB he4thbar !!! The visor came out great!!

I just use an airbrush and try to do multiple thin coats. If it's coming out blotchy, try holding the brush back a bit to get a bigger spray.
Ooooooh, thanks, always did like one medium coat, I will try that today

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back