Head First into Hell- An ODST Build with General Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Eggs

Jr Member
--Head First into Hell--
-An ODST Build with General Eggs-

Seeing all of the ODST builds on the forum lately, I felt inspired to throw my own onto the pile.

I've been working on it for the past few weeks.

My plan is to wear this to the Emerald City Comicon, so I have a nice, big window of time to finish it in.

So, without further ado, my project:

--Pep Files--

-For the curious, I'll keep a list here of all of the pep files I'm using as I make them-

Helmet: HD Rookie Helmet by Kirrou
L. Shoulder: HD Shoulder (Hinged) by Kirrou
R. Shoulder: Mickey Shoulder by Jimmy Da Moose
Chest: HD Chest v2 by Kirrou
Stomach Armor: Chest Assets by Hugh​

--Current Progress--

Just starting to get things off the ground. Keep posted ^_^

Update #1: 11th Sept 2014

I've made a lot of headway so far. What took me the longest was the helmet, but now that I've gotten that done I've been flying through pepping the other pieces.

Most of the chest components are done. I think I'm going to make Hugh's Chest Core out of foam, rather than pep it, for comfort reasons.

I've only finished my left shoulder (Kirrou's Hinged Shoulder), because I'm debating on whether or not to use the CQB shoulder instead of the standard one. I think I'll end up making the CQB just to see if I like it.

I'm having a problem with my helmet head hole being just barely too small. However, I think it's just the cardstock naturally pulling inwards because there's plenty o' headroom inside of it. I've got to find a fix for this before I rondo it.

And finally, here are all of my pieces so far:

Thanks for reading. Any feedback is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
About the helmet, how ive seen some of it done is just do it all, then worry about the head hole last. dremel the hole bigger, or if you want to get better results (in my opinion, although i havent done it) is do a rubber neck seal, check out impact props for that part!

-Ian

Looks really nice. Pep kind of scares me: all those little pieces look so tricky. No doubt it gives an excellent result though.

^_^ Thanks. I like to think of Pep as a sewer: you get out what you put in. If you're willing to put in the time and patience it, you'll get a quality piece. It takes longer than foam, but it has the potential to be a lot nicer.

About the helmet, how ive seen some of it done is just do it all, then worry about the head hole last. dremel the hole bigger, or if you want to get better results (in my opinion, although i havent done it) is do a rubber neck seal, check out impact props for that part!

-Ian

Good idea. I couldn't find that on their website, but I could probably cut my own with a template of my helmet's bottom trim.

I had a really busy weekend and wasn't able to do much. I should hopefully have some progress posted up later today or tomorrow :D

Update #2: 28th Sept 2014

This last week I've been busy with college and job applications on top of homework and haven't been able to make much headway on my armor. Yesterday I was finally able to sit down and make a little bit of progress :D

I've decided that I'll be making a CQB variant, so I'm using Jimmy Da Moose's shoulder model:

CAM005711_zps90e10343.jpg

More to come soon!

CAM005711_zps90e10343.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back