Helghast Build--question On My Last Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking pretty good since the first time I've seen it, I would cut along the blue line if it were me, But I'd wait and get some more experienced people's oppinions, I havn't finished anything yet :p

Wrathchild said:
Looking pretty good since the first time I've seen it, I would cut along the blue line if it were me, But I'd wait and get some more experienced people's oppinions, I havn't finished anything yet :p

yea i was feelin the blue line too o.o but the green is starting to look very
appeasing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive been working really hard on this helmet o_O nearly done, but i dont wanna post pictures until the LEDs
are finished. im finding it IMPOSSIBLE to find a way to make the eyes glow red. does ANYONE have any
suggestions to how i can make the eyes glow??

Check on the forums at killzone.com. I think I saw something there about how they used really bright LEDs and used the small goggles like you would use in a tanning bed to keep from being blinded. I think that's where I saw it, but not sure. It's looking good so far.

Here's the model I'm working on. I used Skips unfinished model and tweaked it a little.

JUICE said:
Check on the forums at killzone.com. I think I saw something there about how they used really bright LEDs and used the small goggles like you would use in a tanning bed to keep from being blinded. I think that's where I saw it, but not sure. It's looking good so far.

Here's the model I'm working on. I used Skips unfinished model and tweaked it a little.

i couldn't find anything there that would help =x they all just use red goggles. i didnt see anything about actually
having glowing eyes

wolfshui said:
its just leds, how ever you have to use them.
ironman eye lights

yep tried that too. i had 6 LEDs around each eye and it failed. then i tried 4 and it failed.
the helghast eyes are a lot bigger than the iron man ones which probably explains why
this plan does not work

c00ki3monster said:
it looks freak'n awesome but a bit messy though

well in those pictures, of course it does. i wasnt near done in those lol

You could try layering the lense by having the red lenses out to the front, leds behind that, and some type of chrome like reflective sunglass lenses to enclose the leds. Just a thought.

ironkamakaze said:
You could try layering the lense by having the red lenses out to the front, leds behind that, and some type of chrome like reflective sunglass lenses to enclose the leds. Just a thought.

thats what i had done. i had it dual layered with the leds between the layers.
the points where the LEDs were was MUCH brighter than between them and
in the middle of the lenses

Are you able to see very well out of them? Because it sounds to me like you're just having LED issues. I'm looking at Nightmare Studios right now, and their eye-lit suits just look VERY bright (perhaps with a lot more power than yours?). What kind of LEDs are you using?

yccars said:
Are you able to see very well out of them? Because it sounds to me like you're just having LED issues. I'm looking at Nightmare Studios right now, and their eye-lit suits just look VERY bright (perhaps with a lot more power than yours?). What kind of LEDs are you using?

mine were really bright but the lighting looked uneven. i have no idea

how nightmare lights their helms eyes

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l5UrRqc7Qw[/media]

I know it's different than what you're doing, but maybe you can find some way to adjust some techniques in the vid to fit your application? Just brainstorming here. The concept of light diffusion is interesting, but frosting your lenses for this purpose would ruin the already limited vision Helghast helmets have.

Anyway, good luck with your project. I'll probably have my own WIP (Project Romeo) up in the next day or two. Look forward to weapons that actually shoot (seriously, projectiles fly out the barrel) and my build of Romeo, the sniper from the new ODST game, as well as a LOT of crazy experimental ideas that i've been talking about on here, and I'm incredibly excited to put them to the test in front of the entire 405th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back