Helioskrill Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this armor but I don't like the fact you have to be in a company to get one and have to wait a year... and then get kicked out because someone just didn't like you but you had way better kill rates then that guy, who was only their for a week.
Why was it ever put in the REQ Packs? When you went trough H1-4, this really felt like a reward. But now...

Shon, will you start a seperate build thread?
Foam might be the right idea. Have no experience with it myself, but seems adequate for this curved, smooth armor design...

Hi, I'm really eager to make a helioskrill suit, but I cannot find armor files anywhere. The ones in the armory are just the helmet and the wrist piece and even then the helmet isn't 100% accurate with the visor being to long and what not. Does anyone happen to have any unfolded pepakura files of the helioskrill armor that they could share with me? Thanks

In my Thread bro, i made the HeliosKrill [: My HeliosKrill Cosplay Progress (FOAM)

Shon, I'm just starting out with foam too and my three tips are:

the generic, keep your knife sharp! (Some people buy sharpeners, I've been using my cutting mat to sharpen my blade with much success).

The second thing is, heat gun your foam before gluing if you can. This way the seams won't shrink and pull apart.

Lastly, after you apply a very thin layer of contact cement to both sides wait several minutes before applying together. If the glue is still wet it will not stick well.

Hey, sorry for the necropost but I'm wondering if anyone happens to still have either the unfolded or just straight .obj files? I'm starting on this build but all I've been able to find is the helmet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back