Helljumper Gen.2 version... Idk

PillarofAutumn

Member
Sorry for disappearing so long! Finally caught a break from everything (and hoping to keep avoiding the pandemic), so I’m starting another attempt at my armor. Did a rough scale test of the front chest today; no pics from that, sadly (didn’t even have a full paper template, just enough to get the idea across), and I think I have it scaled right! I’ll know for sure tomorrow, when I print templates for the two sections I’m missing, and in anticipation I’ll be printing a second full set of templates so I can start cutting foam again. Pics to follow as foam gets assembled!
 

PillarofAutumn

Member
Well, I finished the paper mock-up! I still like the scale, so I’ve begun construction of the foam version; if I can keep this pace, main sections should be assembled tomorrow! Pic to follow once that’s done, or at least once it’s done pending a decision on how to handle the inside of that little protruding section
 

Attachments

PillarofAutumn

Member
About out of glue and foam, so I’ll be trying to get more before I can finish the chestpiece; part-way through the left thruster now.
 

PillarofAutumn

Member
And we have a left thruster! Again, much cleanup and gap-filling required, but still! And scale continues to be viable!

Edit: and need to add a few detail pieces that I need thinner foam for, but I’m not going to order that until I know all the pieces I’ll need it for
 

Attachments

Last edited:

RogueOneSpartan

Jr Member
The first image is blurry, but damn, that looks awesome. Helljumper armor is one of my favorites, so I really want to see how it turns out, keep it up!
 

PillarofAutumn

Member
Well, I’m skipping a few miniscule pieces of the reactor (at least for now), because they’re too thin for me to make of available materials, and non structural too. On to the rib pieces!
 

PillarofAutumn

Member
And we have (most of) a breastplate! I don’t have the rib plates mounted currently (not sure if I can mount them, given their wear angles and my current physique, and still need to make the thruster nozzles and a few little detail pieces. May need to fit Velcro or something on the joint between the front plate and shoulder straps, if I can’t get an angle on a glue joint that’ll let me put it on and take it off without causing a failure
 

Attachments

PillarofAutumn

Member
My 4mm foam is in! Got it unrolling, then I’ll be able to start on some of the thinner pieces. Until then, I’ve got one pauldron underway and am probably gonna start a scale test bracer so I’m ready when I get to that point
 

PillarofAutumn

Member
Nearly done with the right pauldron (been busy with IRL stuff)! Just need to do some dremeling and I can put the last pieces of it together. Then I need to get more foam before I start the forearms. And/or start rebuilding my weapons; been looking at the set I started a while back, and I think I can do them better now
 
Top