Hello 405th cosplay community

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsg6

Hello Guys This Is jsg6 and I wanted to say hello! So far at the time of editing this the 405th has been very kind too me which is great keep up the great work guys!

Hello guys I am an upcoming cosplayer. Right now I might follow tutorials to create my first cosplay armor. I would like to ask the experienced 405 cosplayers and tips for me and what thickness of eva foam I should get. Sincerely - jsg6

Welcome to the community!

Now the first thing I tell everyone new is to read, read, and read. In most build threads, members mention the materials that they use and they techniques with which they use them. So for building foam armor, a good rule of thumb is to use ~1/2" Eva floor mats for the base of your armor parts, and then 5mm and 2mm Eva craft foam for your details.

Welcome to the 405th. FlyinPhil is right. There's a lot of good material on the site for new cosplayers. If you're working on a foam build, then my advice is to invest in a sharpener. Cutting foam will wear out whatever blade you're using in just a few cuts, and investing in a good sharpener will keep you from going through about a hundred replacement blades.After that, it's just practice, practice, practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back