Hello All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeighborGMR

My name is Chris aka NeighborGMR. I am new to the group (obviously) and looking forward to building my first armor set. I do need some help though. I am not sure what armor set would be good for me as I am a wide fellow. Is there an armor set the group can recommend for us big boys?

For those who answer thank you in advance and I look forward to being a part of the community.

Welcome to the 405th Chris! Deciding which set of armor to make first can be tricky. The super-soldiers of Halo may be built like a 1980's Arnold Schwarzenegger, but that doesn't mean big guys like yourself can't participate! Pretty much every member of the 405th utilizes a 3D modeling software called Armorsmith. Armorsmith is a CAD platform that allows you to modify the size of armor files to fit your body. You start by molding a mannequin with your body's measurements, and then when you import armor files and attach them to the mannequin, you can edit the scale of those 3D objects to fit your body perfectly! TurboCharizard made a Beginners Guide that will run you through all the basics.

You described yourself as wide, so for recommended armor kits, I would go with either an ODST or a Reach Spartan. The ODST traditionally has a torso piece somewhat similar to a medieval chest plate that wraps around your entire body, and then the armor parts just get slapped on top of it. The Reach Spartan is similar with a larger and more detailed body piece which you can attach armor and equipment to. (If you can't decide which, you could totally slap ODST armor onto a Spartan suit!) Either way, if you're concerned with the size of your Torso/Abdomen, a Halo 3/Reach body glove would be much more ideal than a Halo 4/5 body harness.

Best of luck to ya!

Welcome to the 405th Chris! Deciding which set of armor to make first can be tricky. The super-soldiers of Halo may be built like a 1980's Arnold Schwarzenegger, but that doesn't mean big guys like yourself can't participate! Pretty much every member of the 405th utilizes a 3D modeling software called Armorsmith. Armorsmith is a CAD platform that allows you to modify the size of armor files to fit your body. You start by molding a mannequin with your body's measurements, and then when you import armor files and attach them to the mannequin, you can edit the scale of those 3D objects to fit your body perfectly! TurboCharizard made a Beginners Guide that will run you through all the basics.

You described yourself as wide, so for recommended armor kits, I would go with either an ODST or a Reach Spartan. The ODST traditionally has a torso piece somewhat similar to a medieval chest plate that wraps around your entire body, and then the armor parts just get slapped on top of it. The Reach Spartan is similar with a larger and more detailed body piece which you can attach armor and equipment to. (If you can't decide which, you could totally slap ODST armor onto a Spartan suit!) Either way, if you're concerned with the size of your Torso/Abdomen, a Halo 3/Reach body glove would be much more ideal than a Halo 4/5 body harness.

Best of luck to ya!
Thank You so much for the advice. I am going to look at the suggestions you made and see what suits me best.

My name is Chris aka NeighborGMR. I am new to the group (obviously) and looking forward to building my first armor set. I do need some help though. I am not sure what armor set would be good for me as I am a wide fellow. Is there an armor set the group can recommend for us big boys?

For those who answer thank you in advance and I look forward to being a part of the community.
Hello fellow Chris!

LegacyAlloy227 hit the nail on the head that all costumes can be adjusted to fit every body shape. Personally I always have issues with shins being very narrow competing with my bowlegged self so the struggle is real but easy enough to overcome if you think through it. Armorsmith is a great option, as is having a body scan and comparing models directly onto the scan geometry (the present is wild).

In terms of armour that are adjustable for sake of comfort, the ODSTs, Marines, Army Troopers and Pilots of Halo 2, 3 and Reach are astounding for strapping points around the chest plate which means even building one suit you can easily lend it out to others by tweaking a few easy things. Since you mentioned that this is your first armour set, maybe one of those just to get the hang of things before working up to a SPARTAN build?

Hello fellow Chris!

LegacyAlloy227 hit the nail on the head that all costumes can be adjusted to fit every body shape. Personally I always have issues with shins being very narrow competing with my bowlegged self so the struggle is real but easy enough to overcome if you think through it. Armorsmith is a great option, as is having a body scan and comparing models directly onto the scan geometry (the present is wild).

In terms of armour that are adjustable for sake of comfort, the ODSTs, Marines, Army Troopers and Pilots of Halo 2, 3 and Reach are astounding for strapping points around the chest plate which means even building one suit you can easily lend it out to others by tweaking a few easy things. Since you mentioned that this is your first armour set, maybe one of those just to get the hang of things before working up to a SPARTAN build?
This is awesome! Thank you so much for the information. I am super excited to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back