Hello There: A Not Your Average N00B's Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

I ROWAN I

Hello. I am partly new to pepakura and armoring. However, around last December, I tried some helmets after "lurking" the forum for a while. So what I have for you is not a question about something already stickied.

This is: OPINION TIME.

I am considering making a suit for the upcoming release of ODST. However, I have found myself in a mental stalemate as to what armor to try. Each SPARTAN armor set has it's own little advantages. I am wondering what you, the experienced, opinionated community of the 405th, think of my options.

MARK VI

-Easy to recognize for non-supergeeks.

-Has all pieces created in the file index

-Many High-Def parts for later Pep-ing fun

-High-Def Parts hard to assemble for a new armorer like me.

MARK V

-My personal favorite look

-Less difficult to assemble parts.

-Not as easy to recognize for non-diehard fans.

-Most other parts not designed for MARK V compatibility.

-For "fluffy" armor, this allows only a much smaller weapon arsenal.

I am not even considering Permutations. Not at all easy to recognize for any who don't play HALO 3 on a regular basis.

I know I could have made this a poll, but I feel like listening to WHY people "vote" how they do.

Thanks.

I would say ODST, just because it'll be recognizable to anyone who sees you, what with the advertisements for the game all over the store, but if you want to stick to just those 2 armors, I would say Mark VI.

welcome.

lets just get this out of the way... indecision threads arent aloud...

with that out of the way, all im gonna say is that its really up to you... i could tell you what i would do, but that is just what i would do. My opinion doesnt matter on this topic, its what you want to do... it is your armor after all...

so i would suggest looking through all of the great suits on here, and decided weather you want to rock the Mrk5 or the Mrk6...

also who cares if people recognize your suit, as logn as it looks sick they will still like it... some members here have had great Mrk6 suits and people thought they were from power rangers (i forgot who said they were told that at a con, but its funny)... so just do what you want to do, and if you are happy with it then its all good.

DreadMullet said:
welcome.

lets just get this out of the way... indecision threads arent aloud...

with that out of the way, all im gonna say is that its really up to you... i could tell you what i would do, but that is just what i would do. My opinion doesnt matter on this topic, its what you want to do... it is your armor after all...

so i would suggest looking through all of the great suits on here, and decided weather you want to rock the Mrk5 or the Mrk6...

also who cares if people recognize your suit, as logn as it looks sick they will still like it... some members here have had great Mrk6 suits and people thought they were from power rangers (i forgot who said they were told that at a con, but its funny)... so just do what you want to do, and if you are happy with it then its all good.

Oh. I'm sorry. I guess I am fine with this being locked. I didn't mean to break the forum rules. Thank the people who have posted for trying to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back