Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleyb14

Hey everybody! im harley, just signed up. i found this site yesturday. i've always been interested in making a full spartan suit, ever since i've seen the youtube movie where master chief goes to gamestop lol. anyway, just to see what it would be like, i made the helmet from halo 2 out of just normal printer paper, not careful corner cutting. just to see what it would be like. ended up with...

i hope the linked works :(

Welcome to the 405th, you can find almost all ya need to know here, so read up on the stickies and build that armor. The helmet in the pic looks good, get that thing made with cardstock, and fiberglassed and you'll be in business!

Thats a pretty nice test you got there! If I were you id use FS HD helm on cardstock and read the scaling stickies and id say your good to go! Welcome aboard!

Welcome! I did the same thing after I found the 405th. It looks good for regular paper. Now go get some cardstock and get busy!

haha, thanks for the warm welcome. i found some thicker paper (pretty sure its cardstock, but it said it was non chemical paper. i just thought it was wierd info :p) but i cant find my parents plastic xacto knife board thing or my exacto knife. ahh well, guess ill wait to start cutting my left boot later tonight. ya, that helmet was just the one from the first totorial i read. then i found the mark VI armor for paprica or w/e. im starting with the boot cause im not sure if i scaled it right. dont want to waist time on the helmet just to find its to big.

Welcome to the 405th :D
Hope you stick around.

The people here, well, I wouldn't describe them as nice.. I'd describe them more as cuddly nice :D :lol:

Take Care,
-D.

When have I ever come across as "cuddly"? Well, I guess we all have our moments. Now, GET BUSY ON ARMOR!!!

cuddly? trust me, theres nothing cuddly about me.

welcome to the 405th, we have plenty of material for you to read and learn here.

enjoy your stay, there are donuts in the back.

Welcome my friend *Shakehands* Love your tie were you get it. Anyway me and my wife are right down the street fill free to visit us.

the fruit of my labor :)

i put a lot more work into this one. i didnt do the high def boot since im just starting. i think its to big though. it was at 84 and i put it to 70. the creator of the pepraca model said just to change it to my hight. im like 70-72 inches high. not positive. oh well. leaves room to grow. :)

Well did you try putting your foot in it? Imagine it with you shoe or a nice thick boot? Try that out, the build looks good, smart to start small.

TheRob said:
Well did you try putting your foot in it? Imagine it with you shoe or a nice thick boot? Try that out, the build looks good, smart to start small.
ah. with a shoe in it. itll be perfect. now, how shall i get the shoe in there lol. i was just thinking after fibre glass and bondo, id put some padding in it. make it itself a shoe. idk

Last edited by a moderator:
heh, forgot to update earlier today. finished other boot. ganna finish the shin pieces tomorrow.

its a lot of work. but im excited to do more.

I've not dealt with pep yet. I have a few more tasks that need completing before I can even start to think about armour. But I imagined that pep would be very fiddly, tedious and time consuming.

But, by looks of it, your getting parts done in days, Its very impressive :)

harleyb14 said:
the fruit of my labor :)

i put a lot more work into this one. i didnt do the high def boot since im just starting. i think its to big though. it was at 84 and i put it to 70. the creator of the pepraca model said just to change it to my hight. im like 70-72 inches high. not positive. oh well. leaves room to grow. :)

PLEASE!!!! its PEPAKURA not PAPRIKA or wateva u call it. oh and uhhh nice.... uhhhhh boot.........*cough*

Rivalmage said:
PLEASE!!!! its PEPAKURA not PAPRIKA or wateva u call it. oh and uhhh nice.... uhhhhh boot.........*cough*

Meh, we all know what shes talking about, its not a big deal :p

Where does the name Pepakura originate from anyway? Is it jap. or something? I know the japs do alot of origami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back