Helmet finished, on to armor (Sean Bradley kit pt.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfye

Before we start, I keep getting questions about the helmet/visor. I did not make these. They were made by the excellent Sean Bradley, I'm just responsible for the paintjob.

Well, the helmet's done!

helmetfinish02.jpg

Painted, weathered, and padded. This was my first time painting a helmet or doing weathering on anything. I learned everything I know from forum lurking.

But it's still super huge on me (and my tiny head). So it might end up being sold to a member of the 405th, or ebayed. That is, once I have a replacement that fits my head a bit better. (And don't ask to buy it now, I'll put something up in the classifieds if/when I do decide.)

So now it's on to the rest of the vacuum formed armor! I've rondoglassed the toe plates, the gauntlets, the shoulders, and the back neck plate. Tonight, hoping to get the front one done, and then move on to the chest plate, and make my way down the suit. But that's boring, it'd just be a bunch of pictures of pink globs inside plastic stuff, so I won't bother with pics this time.

They've been out of resin at the hardware store the last three times I've been down there, and my bondo is running low as well; maybe I should just buy a gallon of each online. It does seem to keep pretty well, and they don't even sell that size anywhere around here. Pretty sure I'll use it all eventually.

More pictures of the helmet.

helmetfinish01.jpg

helmetfinish03.jpg

See you guys next time!

Edit: One more pic, taken after the fact! Small shot of my cheapo easy helmet padding. Fabric store upholstery foam and self-stick velcro!

helmetpadding.jpg

Second Edit: I am completely out of Bondo. And so is the hardware store, for some reason. Time to order online!

kupokitty;bt327 said:
Nice paint job! That stripe looks super straight!

Thanks! :D

I spent honestly like an hour with the masking tape trying to get the stripe on straight. And it's still just the tiniest bit off center in the front. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back