Helmet Fogging

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i heard, a Balaclava works well, or something that covers your mouth, they both work.

Plus you can get anti fog Visor cleaner, mostly used for paintball masks.

i use Cat Crap to keep my paintball mask from fogging. it works really well. there are lots of different fog resistors for that though

Skyman said:
i use Cat Crap to keep my paintball mask from fogging. it works really well. there are lots of different fog resistors for that though

wait, What? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
LastSpartan said:
Just don't seal the visor.

The air will flow and no fogging.

that's the funny thing, the visor is not sealed, but there's all types of padding in the helmet. I could do a handstand in it if i wanted to without it coming off. I did use waterfall conduit for the side vents though and i'm thinking that if i alternate inside/outside cuts i'll be able to keep the corrugated look but it will exchange air better.

The balaclava idea is awesome too!

thanks everyone for helping me out with this.

BFDesigns said:
that's the funny thing, the visor is not sealed, but there's all types of padding in the helmet. I could do a handstand in it if i wanted to without it coming off. I did use waterfall conduit for the side vents though and i'm thinking that if i alternate inside/outside cuts i'll be able to keep the corrugated look but it will exchange air better.

The balaclava idea is awesome too!

thanks everyone for helping me out with this.

If there's room, I'd still suggest a small fan. It not only stops fogging, but when put in the right position can get some clean air into the helmet as well so you're no longer breathing in recycled air.

I need it here coz its summer right now and gets quite warm in there.

bilsy28 said:
wait, What? o_O
623337Lrg.jpg

No, don't go digging in the litterbox.

AussieTrooper said:
If there's room, I'd still suggest a small fan. It not only stops fogging, but when put in the right position can get some clean air into the helmet as well so you're no longer breathing in recycled air.

I need it here coz its summer right now and gets quite warm in there.

where do you go about placing the fan? there's quite a bit of padding in my helmet to the point where there's virtually no extra room at the moment. How does one go about incorporating a small (computer?) fan into the helmet in the way of placement?

Whenever we'd go out to the desert, my helmet would always fog up, so my dad had me spit on the lens and rub it in. Trust me, it works.

Basilisk said:
Whenever we'd go out to the desert, my helmet would always fog up, so my dad had me spit on the lens and rub it in. Trust me, it works.
Did this when diving, it does work (but in the water, it's slightly less... weird?), however, I'd be inclined to try mentioned "cat crap" :lol:

Spit will actually reduces fog. Before i go dive each time, i spit on my goggles...
With a master chief helmet i recomend fans, as when you drive a motorcycle you dont get fog if you go fast... but when you stop in the lights, your visor fogs up! The fans prevent this.

-FSS

Finnish_Spartan said:
Spit will actually reduces fog. Before i go dive each time, i spit on my goggles...
With a master chief helmet i recomend fans, as when you drive a motorcycle you dont get fog if you go fast... but when you stop in the lights, your visor fogs up! The fans prevent this.

-FSS

as before stated, where do i position the fan for the fan idea?

Also, I'm starting to see how all these nice aesthetic indentations in the top and sides of the helmet could certainly double as vents with a little bit of steel window screen & black cloth. Also, the side detailing on either side of the visor could be used as vent slits, I have a pair of welding goggles that utilizes a similar system.

n8226886_37550564_3877.jpg

someone turned on their flash and it went right through the reflective coating, and as you can see, the fogging got pretty epic.

BFDesigns said:
as before stated, where do i position the fan for the fan idea?

Behind the tubes on either side of the nose. You can cut through behind the tubes to increase circulation.

Sean Bradley said:
Behind the tubes on either side of the nose. You can cut through behind the tubes to increase circulation.

Thanks bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back