helmet for my daughter... thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage22

Jr Member
My daughter is almost 4 years old and likes my Jorge helmet. I showed her the video of the other fellow who made armor for his little girl and she thought that was cool too. here is my idea...
i was going to build a Reach marine helmet for her since it doesnt have a visor (which i think she would like better.) and use a bicycle helmet inside of it. So basically build the Halo helmet over the bicycle one. any tips or suggestions on scaling that to fit correctly? I was thinking measure the diameter etc of the bicycle helmet and see if i could get close with the halo one. I think it will be a fun one to do. Told her i would do it in pink for her of course. :)

Measure from the front to the back of the bike helmet add about another 10mm that should work. Take the measurement of the helmet and put that as the depth in scaling with the added 10mm.

yeah i had already been looking at the unicorn halo emblem. :D she also wanted hearts.
i thought i could tape off a section or two and use spray adhesive then put some glitter on it for her as well.

I would scratchbuild, pep takes more effort for me.

For the emblem, I love this one:
500px-Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_Logo.svg.png

Attachments

• 500px-Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_Logo.svg.png
    500px-Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_Logo.svg.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 165
yeah i had already been looking at the unicorn halo emblem. :D she also wanted hearts.
WHATTTT?!!!!!!!
In the words of the good Doctor Halsey
"...What
have you done to my armor!"
22abe0ab.jpg

Seriosuly though that's so cool. My son is 7 and ninjas are SOOO ingrained in this kid's psyche It's gonna take years to reprogram...ahem,I MEAN, introduce him to other types of costumes.

Attachments

• 22abe0ab.jpg
    22abe0ab.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 134
I have a daughter that is also 4 years old. After I built my Iron Man helmet she asked me what I was going to make her lol. I thought about making her a mini spartan for Halloween this year. Obviously it wouldnt need all the super detail, but I can pep a helmet for her. I was just going to do a pep how I normally make it and just padd it up for her for comfort.

The bike helmet is a good idea, since it should already fit her head snuggly, but I would be concerned with the pep fitting over it just right and staying on the helmet secure. Wouldnt it just be easier to pep the helmet and throw in some comfy foam for her?

And I KNOW what you mean about the armor must be pink, glittery, and contain hearts and unicorns! LOL My daughter would pick out the same theme as well and love every minute of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back