Helmet Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelley13f

Hey 405 :) i was hoping someone could help explain 2 things to me.

1- I tried figuring out the helmet scale in the pepakura program but i was hoping some one could give me the run down cause i keep getting the size wrong.

2- Also are there instruction to assemble the pepakura once they are printed or is it just matching numbers up? and if so can you explain the number method please?

I can answer #2.

Find the matching numbers, center them, then attach the pieces. If you don't center the numbers, things will warp slightly.

ok cool thanks queen. so just to make sure im on the right page. 158 matches up with 158. and do the numbers touch or do you just center the whole piece.

There should be a dotted line of some sort where the piece turns into a flap. Make the other piece line up with it while centering those numbers.

question one is not an exact science, it a little different for everyone, but I find that if you measure your head from top to chin and play with the scale to get that hight. Then add a couple cm to add padding and what not works well. hope it helps

thanks alot guys. lasy question for a bit i hope lol. lines that look like this -.-.-.- are mountain folds? and ------ are valley folds? or is it the other way around. sorry its my first helmet/project

you are going to have to look it up in your pap file under options because I have known people to change them. However most of the time, that I have seen at least, it has been -.-.-.-. for valley fold and ------- for mountain. Always, alway check though before you start because I started a project once and just assumed and was wrong and had to start all over again. that can really suck good luck

kelley13f said:
thanks alot guys. lasy question for a bit i hope lol. lines that look like this -.-.-.- are mountain folds? and ------ are valley folds? or is it the other way around. sorry its my first helmet/project

Hello All,

The ---- are normally (default) mountain folds. unless you have the set differently.

Hope this helps. As to the helmet scale, if you are doing a Mark 6, I found a average size of 290 works for most.

cheers,

stilgar

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i lied, more questions. i am looking through all the forums and google searches and i cant seem to get a definite answer. do tabs match up to duplicates or what? so example tab 1053 connects to tab 1053?

kelley13f said:
ok i lied, more questions. i am looking through all the forums and google searches and i cant seem to get a definite answer. do tabs match up to duplicates or what? so example tab 1053 connects to tab 1053?

yes, the numbers match up with the corresponding number. ex: 2 matches with 2.

[attachment=16482:IMG_0825.JPG]thank you all so much for yuor help tonight. Im watching star trek in AMC and its slowly coming together yay!!!

kelley13f said:
[attachment=16482:IMG_0825.JPG]thank you all so much for yuor help tonight. Im watching star trek in AMC and its slowly coming together yay!!!

Heh, Star Trek First Contact? I was just watching that :lol Star Trek Generations was on before that and I was watching that too. Had nothing better to do, my neck was killing me. Looks like you got the cutting, folding, and gluing down good. I look forward to see the rest. Not sure what helmet type your doing, I'm going to take a wild guess and say CQB.

nope its the halo3 odst helmet. its the first one visible on the download hub on the main page. I was hoping that more star trek would be on to fuel me but oh well. this is how far i got so far. thanks again for all the help guys![attachment=16484:IMG_0826.JPG] (this is the back thats why the helmet migh tlook strange)

Hello Friend!

I'm new here in 405th, and I can't help you, but I know who can :D

Here is the link for you can scale your armor.It's an tutorial made by Xtreme TACTICS 101

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?s...71&hl=xTremeTactics&fromsearch=1&#entry318371

It's really good and helped me a LOT with my helmet scale (Master Chief's Helmet)

So, if you follow these steps accurately, probably your problem will be solved, hehe

That's it,hope I helped with something

Cheers from Brazil!

it looks good from this view! Even if it looks odd and the numbers are off it wont really matter if youre keeping the

helmet itself somewhat symmetrical and the top grooves aligned. Bondo fixes EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back