Soft Parts Helmet Padding

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandomfo

I was googling out of boredom and I just started to look up supplies for my armor and i came across this helmet padding. I know it's expensive and a little over the top for a home made fiber glass helmet, but I gotta say that this may be worth a try. Even though it's military grade padding :D

Padding 1

Padding 2

That is the exact padding I use and it works wonders with a lil velcro. I used the old padding from my kevlar helmet I used in Iraq. I will post some images later today sometime when I get bored. If you live around a military installation you can get it cheaper.

Ithica

@ Ithica

Oh wow I didn't know people actually used this idea. Haha well i'm not sure where exactly I'd be able to get it cheaper though. I can try and ask around.

For my helmet i was gonna use an old football helmet padding...it worked great for me in HS so why not in my helmet?

@Skyfox

I guess it doesn't matter what you use. Just as long if it makes you comfortable. But some people like to go over the top.

SoullessSin said:
Skyfox

I guess it doesn't matter what you use. Just as long if it makes you comfortable. But some people like to go over the top.

Here is the padding in action.

izb9l0.jpg

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
Ithica said:
Here is the padding in action.

izb9l0.jpg

Ithica
Hey where did you get this padding? Ive been looking for a place to get some decent stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
@xomanowar

hahha want a cookie? Well i guess thats why we post up questions and ideas to see whats out there.

I highly recommend them It is very easy, clean looking and you put it in with velcro so you can take them out and clean them.

Ithica.

Question here open for everyone, but more so to Ithica. Are you using some sort of chin strap to keep your helmet in place, or are you using a neck cowl to keep it in place?

The padding fits so good that is holds the helmet very snug. Now I would ride a motorcycle with it on and expect it to protect me but it works for what we use them for.

Ithica

If you wanted to go cheap, get a chessy skateboarding helmet, or biking helmet from Walmart for like 10 dollars, tear the padding out and get some cheap velcro strips and place them inside.

Personally, I went to China-Mart, I mean Wal-Mart and bought the cheapest styrofoam bike helmet I could find that fit my head. I ended up taking off the cheap plastic cover, trimming 1/2 inch of spare styrofoam off of the top and I cut off the upper part of the helmet. What I was left with was a piece that set on my head like a cap. Its amazingly comfortable and my cooling fan circulates air all around it. I could see adding a little pading to the sides so the helmet won't slip at all when you wear it.

What I plan to do is get some sheeted polyfoam padding from Joann Fabrics, paint it black, cut in strips and cover the whole thing. Is this a good idea?

I used an old sparing helmet from karate, it wraps around the forehead so no wiggling at all, plus probably cheap on ebay slide it right in glue... DONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back