Helmet Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowhailfire

Alright, So I'm wondering how the helmet works out, I'm about 90% done with my pep helmet, but when i put it on my head well, it doesn't sit right, I've done the scaling and its my size, but i guess what I'm trying to ask is if there is any i will be needing to put on the inside of the helmet? like padding?

You just about finished your paper version....right? Well after that you put resin on the outside and fiberglass on the inside, usually the fiberglass shrinks it a bit. If it's still a little "roomy" then add padding. Thats basically what most people do including myself, I have to add padding when I'm done with mine. Anyways, I think the stickies have more descriptive info for everything you need. Thats where I learned everything. I hope this helps, good luck, and add some pics. I'm interested in seeing your work! Good luck again!

-Chris

Can you please elaborate? Or post some pics to show how it doesn't fit right? Then we can asses the problem and give an acceptable solution.

How about, what kind of materials i can use to put on the inside of the helmet? thats really all the info I need, I couldn't find much of anything to do with that. I already know about the fiberglass resin but Im wondering for comfort and a snug fit on my head.

well people usually add padding to make a good fit. As long as you can get it on your head and the scale with the rest of the suit doesn't look horrible, you'll be fine after you make the inside all nice and comfy.

You can use almost any material to use as padding. I am gonna throw doewn some money for a motorcycle helmet liner. Some people use layers of dense foam, etc. It all comes down to Personal Preference.

As a side note, please use the Q&A Team for questions like this. Anything that will get a simple answer should be taken care of through PMs instead of flooding the boards :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back