Helmet Scratches and Visor Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I have two quick questions.
First, how would I apply deep scratches into a pepakura build? If you can see in the image below, I have three deep scratches into the chin. How would I go about adding that into a build that is normally smooth?
261510_218639171506494_189636937740051_502370_147967_n.jpg

My second question is: How would I go about painting visors to still be see through? What materials and/or process would I use?

For the scratches maybe add these in after you have done the bondo so you get a good scratch effect (the ruggedness) as for the visor if your going for black what about a window tint film or spray.

A dremel would be the quickest way in my opinion to get the scratches you are looking for. Also, as Garfield said, you can use window tint if the curve of the visor isn't too bad, or try Niteshades lense spray tinting to get the look you are after. Hope this helps and good luck with your project.

For the visor, a lot of people simply use motorcycle helmet visors (black tinted visors are available). But if you have a clear piece, I would stay away from spray tints. Spray tints are for applications that only require light to pass through (tail lights on cars are the most common), but that does not necessarily mean that you will have the greatest vision out. I used something similar on a test visor, and the vision was terrible.
Window tint sheets on the other hand are made to be able to see through, since they attach to a window. As vshore100 and garfield said, if the curve of your visor is not that bad, window tint is the way to go.

Just thought I would throw this out there, BILT(Visor manufacturer) has Dark smoke visor that would be perfect for this. Cycle Gear has them for 14.99 I think. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back