Helmet Ventilation =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

My thoughts about how to make proper faceshield ventilation.

Blower (green) takes the air from top of helmet and inject it into pipe, positioned around faceshield.

The pipe has holes directed to faceshield, that gives antifog effect and supply enough air to breath for helmet wearer :)

This scheme is not my invention - I saw such a thing on jet fighter pilot helmets :)

For better understanding of this scheme, download eDrawings 3D (MSWindows) interactive model THERE

ZIP password: masterchief

(Press on the picture to enlarge)

3955770720_6ebbcce0a8.jpg

What do you think?

Wow, great idea. the only thing I see wrong is that it seems like it would be a little difficult to install and the blower would make the helmet heaver toward the front. I'm sure you are on to something and it is a great idea. I would love to see a finished prototype.

Definitely an interesting idea, I would say the fan at the front would be fine as you long as you mount any battery pack at the rear of the helmet to balance things out.

Indeed, this seems like a worthwhile idea. I look forward to a prototype too.

I wonder if you could get an existing pilot helm with this system and mod it for Spartan usage? Though I can't imagine them being too cheap.

Bevbor, you should just make a job out of being awesome. You do it quite well. This is a great idea, though I'm wondering if it may be better to have two fans, and have the tubing only on the bottom. This way the air blows up over the visor, "bounces" off the inside of your helmet, over the top of you head. If the tubing is all around, all the air will meet in the middle and go off into your face. Just my opinion, but I cannot stand wind in my face.

Something like this:

3967488913_b79052aa11_o.jpg

Red indicates "Not used for ventilation"

sounds cool but may be a little price for some or take up too much space for some of the builds . what a bout a simple 40mm fan or fans set up like a paint ball mask they are ez to make and compact

Achille said:
Bevbor, you should just make a job out of being awesome. You do it quite well. This is a great idea, though I'm wondering if it may be better to have two fans, and have the tubing only on the bottom. This way the air blows up over the visor, "bounces" off the inside of your helmet, over the top of you head. If the tubing is all around, all the air will meet in the middle and go off into your face. Just my opinion, but I cannot stand wind in my face.

Something like this:

3967488913_b79052aa11_o.jpg

Red indicates "Not used for ventilation"

If you could stand wind in your face, that would be gross....and wierd

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar idea in mind, but instead of having the tubing all around or below, have it above. Sure it works against convection, but by forcing the air down the visor you keep it clear, and it helps blow your breath out the bottom of the helmet. That and you can get other fans or cut vents for the rest of your head too.

Im usin a reach EVA helmet, so i just put vents on the front by using some cloth, and neatly spaced coffee stirrers for look.

good idea.
I used 2 small cpu vents that I added to the front, one sucking one blowing the air.
I added them to the cheeks of the helmet right below the visor so I got 4 effects:

1 - fresh air for me ;)
2 - visor never gets steamy
3 - below 8€

The vents are behind that yellow areas below the visor (always call them cheeks but I don't really know how they are named... ;))
noble6_version2_lighten_em_up3_t.gif

i think this is an amazing idea. i'm more than likely going to use this for my helmet. i plan on useing it to go snowboarding. not for safty but just to get pics of a spartan going down the mountain. no matter what i try my goggles always fog up and they are made for the mountain. hopefully this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back