1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Helmet voice modifier?

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by SpartanLuna, Jun 3, 2018.

1. SpartanLuna

SpartanLuna New Member

I was thinking about adding a voice modifier to my helmet once I finish it, to give it the sound like I'm talking through a radio or something similar. Does anyone think this is a good idea, and if so, any recommendations?

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  2. Lieutenant Jaku

Lieutenant Jaku

SpartanLuna I think that is a fantastic idea, that or giving yourself chiefs voice. I have seen people do similar things with an arduino but I would do some more research first. good luck!

Dirtdives likes this.
  3. SpartanLuna

SpartanLuna New Member

Alright, thanks. Though I'll be making a custom set from Reach, not Master Chief.

Lieutenant Jaku likes this.
  4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Take a look at this voice amp HERE. There are others out there, even ones specifically designed for Stormtrooper helmets. Do a search on Amazon. There are plenty there to choose from between 25$ and 70$.......

5. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

I personally use an AKER MR2300 in all of my costumes. If you get it directly from the manufacturer they also do the TK TrooperTalk which adds in radio static as a squelch circuit like the Stormtroopers in Star Wars have for their comm links. It's a cool kit and 501st approvable so if you're looking at ever doing a Stormtrooper or Clone then you can double dip.

I just use mine for ambient music for my costumes and an in helmet microphone so that I don't have to yell through plastic/foam/metal to be heard at a convention.

PaiganBoi and Dirtdives like this.
  6. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Great item.....its also one of the more expensive brands........ 501st approved or not.

7. SpartanLuna

SpartanLuna New Member

Thanks! I'll have to look at these and choose one later.