Helmet voice modifier?

SpartanLuna

I was thinking about adding a voice modifier to my helmet once I finish it, to give it the sound like I'm talking through a radio or something similar. Does anyone think this is a good idea, and if so, any recommendations?

Dirtdives2424

Division Scheduler and Keeper of Con Lists
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S2424
Take a look at this voice amp HERE. There are others out there, even ones specifically designed for Stormtrooper helmets. Do a search on Amazon. There are plenty there to choose from between 25$ and 70$.......

TurboCharizard

Division PR, RXO and BCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S068
I personally use an AKER MR2300 in all of my costumes. If you get it directly from the manufacturer they also do the TK TrooperTalk which adds in radio static as a squelch circuit like the Stormtroopers in Star Wars have for their comm links. It's a cool kit and 501st approvable so if you're looking at ever doing a Stormtrooper or Clone then you can double dip.

I just use mine for ambient music for my costumes and an in helmet microphone so that I don't have to yell through plastic/foam/metal to be heard at a convention.

Dirtdives2424

Division Scheduler and Keeper of Con Lists
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S2424
Great item.....its also one of the more expensive brands........ 501st approved or not.

Badkitty

Member DIN
S327
I personally use an AKER MR2300 in all of my costumes. If you get it directly from the manufacturer they also do the TK TrooperTalk which adds in radio static as a squelch circuit like the Stormtroopers in Star Wars have for their comm links. It's a cool kit and 501st approvable so if you're looking at ever doing a Stormtrooper or Clone then you can double dip.

I just use mine for ambient music for my costumes and an in helmet microphone so that I don't have to yell through plastic/foam/metal to be heard at a convention.

I don't mean to bump this but I wondering which one to get. I have been looking at them since I'm doing so much updating but where do you put the external speaker?

TurboCharizard

Division PR, RXO and BCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S068
I don't mean to bump this but I wondering which one to get. I have been looking at them since I'm doing so much updating but where do you put the external speaker?

In my ODST I keep the speaker in the command pouch of my chest rig and in my Spartan I have it inside the chest plate. Reach Spartans have a bit of extra room compared to the other versions but you can probably bury a speaker in a "backpack" thruster or power plant depending on the Spartan generation and armour variant.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.