Help 3D Print A Suit - Will Compensate

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyHalo117

I have access to multiple high end 3d Printers. I pay for nothing but the filament but I must do it all myself. I've never printed before. If someone can help me ease into printing my first Halo suit then I will find a way to compensate you (maybe a suit of your own?)

I am looking for someone with experience printing a suit before, I also need files for printing (I'm not super picky on the exact Halo mark version, I just want a good looking one) and I will need you to essentially make sure the pieces are cut properly. So basically, if you do all the planning and tell me what to do, I will carry out the task and you don't have to worry about printer upkeep or filament or spending all your time or anything. Deal? If it is, PM me or leave a comment. I need all the help I can get.

Any model of Printer you need, I probably have it. Luz Taz or prusia or whatever. Even a ProJet 160.

I'm guessing that these printers belong to a school or Makerspace, that's going to be a lot of machine time for a whole suit. I'd suggest working on a smaller build to learn the ropes of 3D printing, maybe a M6C or similar cool prop.

I'm guessing that these printers belong to a school or Makerspace, that's going to be a lot of machine time for a whole suit. I'd suggest working on a smaller build to learn the ropes of 3D printing, maybe a M6C or similar cool prop.

It belongs to the Engineering department but they have no limitation on #1 Time used on a machine or #2 Number of Machines in use at the same time.

My University has a multi-million dollar budget for Engineering alone. I asked them about printing a suit, they said if I end up using all the machines, they will just buy more for people to use. There is no limitation. So.... Put me to work! Tell me what to do and we'll start pumping out some designs quick.

KirbyHalo117 , Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!
Probably the best set of files you'll find anywhere for a Master Chief build. I think your going to find it pretty tough to find someone scale and slice models for you. No better time to learn then now. just ask away and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

Well thanks for the link! I do want to leave it out there, if someone helps me scale and slice these models, they will get a suit of their own, free of charge.

Oh yeah, and what other steps need to be completed? Scale the models, slice them, print them out, then what? Remove support material and sand or something? Do I paint it or bondo or anything? And best way to do an undersuit? My purpose is to watch how someone else does this so I can learn from them and do different builds. I want to do Iron Man later, I think that would be very popular

Sand, spot putty, sand, prime, sand, spot putty, sand... ad nauseum. Then paint, topcoat, weather, highlight. If you need some insight into a build process, every month I post a cliff notes version of my major project of that month which usually includes some 3D printing and always painting. I usually include links to generic products for each step and where to find them.

As a side note, don't go into a build just because you think it'll be popular ("Ladies love armour plating") but because it's something you'll either learn from or something that you legitimately want to make/have. Nothing kills building motivation than having zero investment in the finished project.

Sand, spot putty, sand, prime, sand, spot putty, sand... ad nauseum. Then paint, topcoat, weather, highlight. If you need some insight into a build process, every month I post a cliff notes version of my major project of that month which usually includes some 3D printing and always painting. I usually include links to generic products for each step and where to find them.

As a side note, don't go into a build just because you think it'll be popular ("Ladies love armour plating") but because it's something you'll either learn from or something that you legitimately want to make/have. Nothing kills building motivation than having zero investment in the finished project.

Thanks for the info. I use that metric as a tipping point in what to choose to build. I don't think I'd be unhappy building ANY model. I'm just torn between many different ideas, so I have to ask myself what I think will be the most used and resellable in the future. Iron Man Mk7 comes to mind. So if anyone has files for a good Mk7 or something, let me know!

Also, still looking for someone to scale/slice

Reactions: Kat
I can probably help with scaling. I go to an Art University and have access to all sorts of programs, 2D and 3D

Make sure to use that link on a desktop, if you use on a phone it forces you to download an app. Kind of irritating

I am pretty new here and to the world of 3D printing as well. I want to learn but i don't have access to a 3D printer and I'm limited to blender but if I find anything that may help you ill send it your way. also I found some halo weapon props and i think that I think have been cut but I dont know for sure if it is done right for 3D printing. I'll give you the files if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back