Help! Can't find a .pdo for a Halo 3 Rogue helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis42

Hi friends! I'm really new to all of this and I've been spending a lot of time poking around threads trying to find a pepakura file for a Halo 3 Rogue (RvB Carolina) helmet. I've seen a few builds using pepakura but I can't find a file for it anywhere. If someone could point me in the right direction or give me some tips on making my own it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm a Mac guy and I'm running stuff on my dads old (like windows xp) computer for getting the files. I save them as a PDF and email them to myself so I can print them off my Mac because XP won't work with any printer driver that still exists. So I have really limited options when it comes to getting 3D models to put into the program.

Update: I've found a file on here and on another site but I cant get them to open and all it's giving me is "File Failed to Open" when I try.

Could you possibly post a PDF version of it? I've tried three or four other files and they all work fine, but no matter how I try downloading and opening it this one just isn't isn't having it.

Could you possibly post a PDF version of it? I've tried three or four other files and they all work fine, but no matter how I try downloading and opening it this one just isn't isn't having it.

Hey, I'd be glad to help out. The reason you can't open the file is because you need Pepakura Viewer/Designer (Which runs on Windows only) and since you have a Mac, your options are very limited since if we do give you a PDF file version, it can't be changed back (As far as I can tell) so you either need a friend who has Windows and the pep viewer/designer to edit and size the files for what you need or get WINESKIN Winery and do the magic thing with that. (I don't recommend Wineskin as I'm not familiar with it at all, but after doing some searching it seems to be the go to thing, so use caution.)

if we do give you a PDF file version, it can't be changed back

And what Fabled means by that is that you won't be able to scale the PDF version to your size (well you could, but it would not be easy). Best to just find someway to get a hold of a PC, borrow a friend's laptop or something.

Sorry! I was unclear in my first post. I do have an old PC I can get files to open on. But it's running Windows XP and I can't install printer drivers on it so I'm converting the files to PDFs and printing them from my Mac. I can't get the Rogue file to open on the PC and a friend tried it on his newer one and couldn't get it to work either. The designer has worked fine with files for MC, Scout, and Warrior helmets, but I can't find a way to get at the Rogue without it telling me that the "File Failed to Open." I've tried downloading it a dozen times off of this site and off of Beastmode productions but none of them have worked and those are the only two versions of it I can find.

The file works fine for me, I just tried it. Are you sure you're running an up-to-date version of Pepakura Designer?

I downloaded it two or three days ago and I'm pretty sure my friend just got it as well. I'll try to get a screen shot of what it tells me when I try to open the file, but there's no information or error code or anything to tell me why it's having issues.

I've got wineskin up and running and it opens files fine. But the Rogue helmets I've tried haven't worked at all. You can see the magnum file behind the error message I got when trying to open the rogue helmet. It's the same on the PC's I've tried it on as well so it's not a wineskin issue.
Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 4.52.17 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back