HELP! For 3D modelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris uk 83

I couldn't find the appropriate help thread for this one, so here goes:

I need to get the visor off the halo Reach Noble 6 helmet in order to import to a program that runs a router, so it can carve me a visor template for vac-forming.

I have absolutely no idea how to go about taking the visor off the model. I've looked at playing with the pep program to no avail; I got Blender but can't make head nor tail of it quickly.

If anyone can help with this please let me know how I can do it (or just do it for me), I'd be rather appreciative.

So you just need the Noble 6 Visor? I have been able to do a Master Chief Visor for someone to use on a router, I can probably make a file for you no problem. Will it need to be closed in on the sides and back so it's solid or will just a plain visor template be fine.

why would you waste your money using a router just pep a visor and just a quick thing of body filler

I's not my money, the school I work at has one already and I have a knowledgable person willing to help, so I'll give it a go.

Pepping the visor, I think, would not give it the correct shape without the rest of the helmet to pull it curved, but it may be worth a go if I can't get the 3D file working.

So you just need the Noble 6 Visor? I have been able to do a Master Chief Visor for someone to use on a router, I can probably make a file for you no problem. Will it need to be closed in on the sides and back so it's solid or will just a plain visor template be fine.
I do just need the Noble 6 visor. I have no idea how the router actually works, as I said above somebody is routing for me, they asked for a .ignes file, but said he could probably convert from other common files. Thinking logically a closed visor shape might be what the machine needs, but as I said, I don't actually know. If you could do me a closed one that would be rather excellent. Will it be scalable though? I scaled my helmet up a bit to fit my big head so I'd need to make the template bigger too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back