Help for a new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniperguy010

Hey, I'm new and very fascinated by all of this!!! I found a few pepakura files and downloaded them! Should I print them out on card stock and then what? I will post pics as I go along! Thanks for the help in advance!!!

Have you got pepakura designer program yet if so you will need to print to fit you look for halogoddess how to size your files but Welcome read up on some of the newbie threads before your start :D

welcome. it depends on what your making. the first thing i made was a 10 inch tall figure. id recommend normal paper for that cause the folds are tiny and easier to bend on normal paper. now for wearable armor use 110lb cardstock paper. as ironbloodedcrow said, your going to need to get your scaling just right. now there are several members who have methods to help, nothing is perfect. i like to find the one piece that is big enough to compare to my body. lets say the forearm. i will find a piece that runs the entire length of the forearm armor and print just that piece out and measure it to my arm. not you have to have a good idea of sizing when doing this but it works great for me. if you need help just ask. theres plenty of people who can help you with anything you have a problem with.

Thanks! I want to make a halo reach magnum first! I got the pepakura design program!! After I print out everything, should I glue the folds? I have a costume party coming up and I want to be a spartan ;) I appreciate the help!

yeah fold there 2 types of lines mountain and vally one goes up the other down and then glue..... you can also do slice where you print cut and layer that might be the way to go with the gun unless you think your ready for resin and all.....check out some youtube vids but the mag should already be sized right to just print and go.....110lb cardstock im on the xbox now if you want to contact me gamertag is the same as my username here

Thanks! I want to make a halo reach magnum first! I got the pepakura design program!! After I print out everything, should I glue the folds? I have a costume party coming up and I want to be a spartan ;) I appreciate the help!

Welcome to 405th!
How soon is the party? Unless its a couple months away you won't have near enough time to make the whole suit...unless its just paper, then you'll only need a few weeks!

It's a Halloween party! I thought it would take some time so I just decided to start early!! Im excited to start in the morning!!!

It's a Halloween party! I thought it would take some time so I just decided to start early!! Im excited to start in the morning!!!

Welcome to 405th. Before asking any general questions, I suggest that you read this noob guide. This will answer all your questions on armor making. If you have any further questions, do not start a thread. Use one of the noob stickies to ask your questions.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/34408-All-In-One-New-Member-Introduction-Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back