Help for beginners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sssrm360

So my 2 friends and I are designing our first halo reach armor but are stuck on the measurements and pepakura. We've done our research and have even seen some of the tutorials on this forum but are still having trouble. We just wanted to know if there's anyone in San Antonio, Texas that could give us pointers or if there's a group here that could aid us better? And if the admins could put this in the proper place it would be much appreciated.

What parts of the armor are you stuck on?

We're trying to make the armor fit to our scale, we're working on the chest piece at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate your offer. I'll keep in touch if we have a specific issue. We're kinda stuck on everything at the moment so it's hard to ask something specifically.

From personal experience I would recommend checking out Halo Goddess' tutorial and then experimenting with cardstock. The measurements I ended up with by following her tut were still to big but You have to scale down to the point where it is almost seems tight to wear. Foam will give in certain areas and can be cut away to relieve movements around the arms. Most of the Halo 4 chest pieces are better designed for more natural movements compared to the Halo 3 and Reach suits.

Cutting long story short, its essential to try to make the pieces almost tight fitting. You will understand why if you try to sit down. I spent an entire day on my feet because I didn't think that through.

I have recommended Andrew DFT's templates and tutorials many times. Even if it's not the exact design you want it can still be a good base for the build.

From personal experience I would recommend checking out Halo Goddess' tutorial and then experimenting with cardstock. The measurements I ended up with by following her tut were still to big

We'll keep this in mind and I'll look at it, thank you for this.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll check it out thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back