help for little pieces and flaps! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie117

hi guys, so since its raining alot these days my shredder helmet is on hold because i cant bondo while its raining so i decided to make a war machine the hd larger size one. ummm so as you can see the pics mmm ive been cutting this bad boy for 2 days now and yes is not that am slow at cutting but is this little pieces and flaps that are killing me and my hands. so i was wondering is there any way to make the flaps bigger or any way to make this helmet since its pretty dificult and ive seen people saying " its a novice build "when is not lol i mean theres has to be a way to build this . make it easier i mean. thats the only part of hd helmets i hate, cutting all those little thin pieces and cutting the flaps one by one... so here i am cutting them but with 1 difrent cut and instead of going through every single flap i youst cut them all in one piece and thenscore but i dont know if thats a good idea. also ive seen people build helmets without flaps so i dont know how that works but i do know is with tape and i know some resin brands will eat tape exept the 3m wich i tested already and it didnt eat it . but how do you build something so complicated and with so little pieces??? its annoying really.

war machines faceplate

IMAG0222-1.jpg

here are some pics of the little flap pieces am talking about

IMAG0224-1.jpg

IMAG0223-1.jpg

and here is how am cutting them way faster because i dont cut them one by one i youst make a single cut, score and thats it but i dont know if it work since its suppouse to be glued on the little triangle flap pieces and not an extra big piece like shown.

IMAG0225-1.jpg

IMAG0226-1.jpg

IMAG0227-1.jpg

First off you may find cutting with scissors is much faster then cutting everything with a xacto knife. Not much difference in quality considering a cut is a cut. Secondly, those flaps are there because on the model those are two seperate faces, and unless they are the small and tiny you should just cut around them. Like i said scissors are much faster. only use the xacto knife the the folds. this should solve your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back