Help for ODST and Master Chief (Halo 3) helmets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirou

Member DIN
S264
heyy guys im new here and i want to make a master chief (halo 3) and odst helmet with foam but without pepakura.

But im new making halo cosplays so if you have some templates or patterns to make de helmets ill be very grateful!!!

Soo please help me! i dont know how to start!

Can I ask why you want to do it without pepakura? Seems like you're making alot of unnecessary work for your self.

I haven't seen many scratch builds of these helmets so I doubt there are many templates that aren't pepakura. I would recommend you reconsider using pepakura, otherwise I wish you the best of luck :)

because i saw the templates of these helmets on pepakura and they are very complex and can not be used for foam. so if you know some templates of pepakura that can be uses for foam and arent very complicated please say it to me. but thanks anyway :$

with foam templates you have to modify the existing pepakura templates. Glasscutter linked probably the best foam helmet I've seen.

X-robots has an interesting way to modify templates and is how I came to build my iron man helmet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2GMR6DjDA

There used to be a great tutorial on youtube about converting files, but I can't find it anywhere.

The trick is to get rid of flaps, turn the angle threshold to around 160 and getting rid of parts which create different depths. if you need any more help don't be afraid to ask! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back