Foam Help! I want to build my own armor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE LEGEND117

So i am new to this and i am motivated to make my very own halo armor! i know which armor i want to make which is the mark IV gen2 armor but i don't where to start, if anyone can help out that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!

The best thing you can do is read. Do as much research as you can. There are a few different methods you can approach to achieve your goals, and each has their pros and cons. The more you understand the materials and prosess the better you will be able to work and experiment. There are some great tutorials on the site, and I also recommend you read through some previous builds of similar armor designs, or just explore some of the other well crafted armors. Once you have decided on how you will create your suit, hop into the armory and pick out the desired files/templates. If you have any questions or run into a problem, we are here for you :)

Welcome to the 405th and I wish you well on your journey

Start with some youtube tutorials on foamsmithing, I really like Punished Props' vids on that subject.
Absolutly! Watch as many videos as you can aswell, such as Andrew dft, punished props, zonzonzonbie, kamuicosplay, evil Ted, and many more! These will give you many in depth tutorials thag also provide excellent visuals to tie it in! Plus some of these people make these items out of foam for a living so they know a thing or two

The best thing you can do is read. Do as much research as you can. There are a few different methods you can approach to achieve your goals, and each has their pros and cons. The more you understand the materials and prosess the better you will be able to work and experiment. There are some great tutorials on the site, and I also recommend you read through some previous builds of similar armor designs, or just explore some of the other well crafted armors. Once you have decided on how you will create your suit, hop into the armory and pick out the desired files/templates. If you have any questions or run into a problem, we are here for you :)

Welcome to the 405th and I wish you well on your journey
i really appreciate that!!!

3D printing is also an option. You can download an STL file or make your own. You can then slice them up in a program and bond the pieces together with a fusing adhesive. A local College might have print lab you could use.

3D printing is also an option. You can download an STL file or make your own. You can then slice them up in a program and bond the pieces together with a fusing adhesive. A local College might have print lab you could use.
Yeah, I would reccomend pursuing a local university if possible (I know my Uni has them). I looked online to see how much it would cost to have a company print for you... a suit costs about $5k this way, which is NO WHERE near the cost of filament (which is probably around $200). Fun fact, some companies also allow you to print in stainless steel, for the low price of half $0.5M.

Yeah, I would reccomend pursuing a local university if possible (I know my Uni has them). I looked online to see how much it would cost to have a company print for you... a suit costs about $5k this way, which is NO WHERE near the cost of filament (which is probably around $200). Fun fact, some companies also allow you to print in stainless steel, for the low price of half $0.5M.
Mine just charges for materials. They even let me bring in my own. That might just be because the lab was built on some grant though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back