HELP I'm new to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crt7550

I'm not even sure where to begin. How do I get the blueprints to even make the mold, and is fiberglass a good way to go or is there some thing better? Please Help!

Hello buddy how are you doing?
I am new on it also...and i do not really know what to buy? I have the pepakura software i printed all pieces but i mean i do not know where to buy the fiberglass and the resign....
I do not know what is the good brand...if resign and fiberglass are the same thing, i hear about mix! what mix is it? i am really noob about this things.
Thank you.

As they said read stickies and watch videos on youtube!!! BUT Home Depot and Wallie World (Walmart) are great places to get your supplies. Resin is different from fiberglass. You use the resin to make it hard and sturdier than paper =P. Then use fiberglass on inside doing a layer of resin then fiberglass than resin. There are several ways to make armor. Foam armor building, and Rondo and I dont know how to do them all I am still fairly new myself. Rondo is a mix between resin and bondo and there are also ways to work with plastics. I am most familiar with resin and fiberglass and a little bondo and rondo for everything else seek further assistance or research.

As they said read stickies and watch videos on youtube!!! BUT Home Depot and Wallie World (Walmart) are great places to get your supplies. Resin is different from fiberglass. You use the resin to make it hard and sturdier than paper =P. Then use fiberglass on inside doing a layer of resin then fiberglass than resin. There are several ways to make armor. Foam armor building, and Rondo and I dont know how to do them all I am still fairly new myself. Rondo is a mix between resin and bondo and there are also ways to work with plastics. I am most familiar with resin and fiberglass and a little bondo and rondo for everything else seek further assistance or research.

Thank you buddy

Yea. Like he said. Any hardware store should carry both resin and fiberglass cloth. I think some auto parts stores do too. I cant find them at walmart though. lol

Walmart is by far the least expensive place to buy Bondo. Also, spend the extra $1.50 and buy the Profesional Gold Bondo. I have not seen anyone mention it yet on this thread. It is 10 times easier to sand. I am new also, but I have tried it all, by far the easiest is to use is Casting Resin. I tried Smooth On and Alumilite, just mix and then slosh it around on the inside. Hardens in 5 minutes. Only thing is the expense - $40 for a kit. the kit is enough to do maybe 4 helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back