Help making gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, as I a new member, does anyone have helpful hints? Anything productive is wanted and appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Ender
Yep, just do as much research as you can, watch videos by punished props, evil ted, kamuicosplay, and anyone that works with foam(if you want to work with foam), figure out what material works best for you, get lots of reference photos, and take your time

Yep, just do as much research as you can, watch videos by punished props, evil ted, kamuicosplay, and anyone that works with foam(if you want to work with foam), figure out what material works best for you, get lots of reference photos, and take your time
Thanks! I'm really glad I found this group

Sharp blades, sharpening stones, cardstock, loads of printer ink, take your time, you will swear, you will want to give up at one point, you will curse your templates, you will lose sleep, and you will always think about making a new suit or how to improve your existing suit. Other then that we'll talk more at twin tiers, anything else you know how to get me.

Sharp blades, sharpening stones, cardstock, loads of printer ink, take your time, you will swear, you will want to give up at one point, you will curse your templates, you will lose sleep, and you will always think about making a new suit or how to improve your existing suit. Other then that we'll talk more at twin tiers, anything else you know how to get me.
You're the bestest <3

Make sure to get the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) for what materials/tools you'll be using. A respirator with both vapor and particulate filters, gloves (nitrile, latex, vinyl, etc.), and safety glasses will cover you in most instances. Work in well ventilated areas especially when working with chemicals and/or doing things that (can) release toxic fumes.

Once you start, do a WIP thread (or add to this thread) to show photos of your progress and ask questions. You will receive the best advice when people can see what you are building

If you can, try to find a previous thread from someone who has built what you want.

And as everyone has said, do lots of research and take your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back