Help making sense of Halo 3 Master Chief Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmullis311

Hello everyone! Newbie for the forum but not new to foam building or even Spartan building. I previously built a Halo 4/5 Spartan with the help of Angelegend's YouTube tutorials. I am looking to tackle the Halo 3 version. I thought he had a Tutorial for a foam build of that as well but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Anyways, I figured I would attempt it myself and found a really nice detailed file already unfolded for templates. However, they look freaking intense and overwhelming. I attached a photo for reference. Can anyone help me with building this? Just looking to do the Chest Rig so I can switch out with the rest of my Halo 4 build. Thank you!
Screenshot (2).png

Welcome veteran! The problem here is it's designed to be for a paper build, not a foam one. So there's lots of details you can ignore and you also have to account for the thickness of the foam. It's also for both sides instead of half. If you have Pepakura designer or Armorsmith you can clean it up to get rid of the details and some edges. The files here might be useful - right now I'm making a Mark VI build as well so I am taking the Pepakura files and cleaning them up in Armorsmith to make them more suitable for foam.
Good luck soldier!

Welcome veteran! The problem here is it's designed to be for a paper build, not a foam one. So there's lots of details you can ignore and you also have to account for the thickness of the foam. It's also for both sides instead of half. If you have Pepakura designer or Armorsmith you can clean it up to get rid of the details and some edges. The files here might be useful - right now I'm making a Mark VI build as well so I am taking the Pepakura files and cleaning them up in Armorsmith to make them more suitable for foam.
Good luck soldier!

Hey hey! I appreciate the reply! The only downfall with the files you provided is that they are a little barren compared to what my client is looking for. I will download Armorsmith and see if that helps any! Thanks!

Our file Armory contains multiple iterations of the Halo 3 Master Chief files, Low Def, Standard Def, High Def, and Ultra High Def.

The "Low Definition" file pack contains files that have been optimized for Foam.

And here are the other files:

The only downfall with the files you provided is that they are a little barren compared to what my client is looking for.
Most definitely - I'm taking the time to add in all the details on the paper patterns, building up layers and cutting away sections to create depth. Slow process, but well worth the effort. I pretty much finished helmet construction yesterday, nearly finished the hand plates and getting started on the biceps. If you want some good reference images, check out these links:
And I used this one for some parts of the helmet:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back