Help modifying stl files

Status
Not open for further replies.

M071

20180803_083424.jpg
I need help modifying stl files for my printing. The main problem I'm having is making them thin on the inside. I'm posting a picture of my forearm . To show my problems. Any help would much appreciated

20180803_083424.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I could try helping. not guaranteeing anything but I'll give it a shot. Do you have an STL file I could look at. Maybe a forearm or something?

I could try helping. not guaranteeing anything but I'll give it a shot. Do you have an STL file I could look at. Maybe a forearm or something?
Yes I have the file and would be happy to send to you . What is the best way to get over to you ?

View attachment 258052 I need help modifying stl files for my printing. The main problem I'm having is making them thin on the inside. I'm posting a picture of my forearm . To show my problems. Any help would much appreciated

20180803_083424.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Meshmixer is your friend here. You could use either the "Extrude" command with a negative offset in the normal direction to create a second smaller body or the "Hollow" command and set your preferred wall thickness and then make a cylinder to cut out using Boolean subtraction to remove the second wall that's in the way.

There's a few other ways to fiddle around with the program using plane cuts but extrude and hollow are definitely the easiest.

Yes I have the file and would be happy to send to you . What is the best way to get over to you ?

E-mail if it is less than 10MB (moesizzlac (at) yahoo (dot) com). Dropbox with a link if it is greater than 10MB would be preferred.

Meshmixer is a great tool too. I don't have a whole lot of experience with it though but I have seen great things done with it.

Me, since I have some blender experience, I would probably start by stretching and skewing the inside portion of the model. If that fails, I would delete it and add a solidify modification to only the outside model to create a uniform wall thickness that works for printing.

I emailed the files let me know what you can do .
I did my best with meshmixer but modifying 3D files is just not my strong suit but I'm pretty good at printing them lol

I modded the non fixed one and gave it a wall thickness that should be alright for printing. If you want the wall to be thicker, I can also do that. Sent it to you as a .zip because yahoo mail was giving me trouble sending a .stl.

I emailed the files let me know what you can do .
I did my best with meshmixer but modifying 3D files is just not my strong suit but I'm pretty good at printing them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back