Help Need Advice On Molding Chestplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

customprops

helllo im kind of new to the 405th ive just finished my first smg and now i am about to mold a chest piece i bought from a prop maker in the uk and was wondering if anyone could

supply any info or tutorials to help me make a mold of it

in response to current posts the prop maker is a friend of mine an he no longer sells halo suits he has now moved into selling iron man and riddick necromonger outfits so he does not mind me making a mold of the chestplate for myself

By molding someone else's chest piece you are stealing their work. A lot of people here get pissed at that sort of thing. Why should you get to make copies(and even sell them?) of something they spent so much time and effort on? You're not going to get any help.

Don't make copies of something another artist made. Make your own out of pep, and we'll show you how to mold it.

Wait - let me be clear on this. You want help and advice on how to mould copies of someone elses work? You have got be be kidding me... When you purchased this did they also sell the you casting/reproduction rights? More details please...

This is the same person who was under suspicion as a re caster of the muckle smg a few days ago? I doubt he has permission. He is most definately recasting and im sure he knows its recasting.

angry_cabbage just so you know alot of people have casted the Muckle suit/smg. as far as i can tell there isnt a problem with it, hell Adams suit is a molded muckle suit... the accusations in his former thread were that he recasted Joe's smg, and he came in and said it wasnt his. so as it stands he is in the clear, until he further explains himself or we have proof let us not crucify him... now it is possible he didnt know that recasting is as big of a deal as it is, he is a younger guy and could be new to the business... now after people have clearly stated that it is wrong, and we know that he had planned to, but now that he knows its wrong hopefully he wont.

now i guarantee that he is not the first nor the last member to join with the thought of "hey i can just buy this and mold it... all is good" now this isnt because they are bad evil people, its because they dont know any better... we need to educate people, and get them to understand why its bad... hell when i joined i had thsi same thought, this was my first time really getting into prop building, and i didnt knwo any of the rules... nwo that i have been here and put forth alot of effort into my own stuff i couldnt imagine ripping any of these fine people off, because i would hate for it to happen to me.

the way he is just outright saying he is going to recast leads me to believe he just doesnt understand its a bad thing to do... but maybe he is just smart and playing games?

so lets get some more info before everyone starts stoning him... but sellers beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back