help needed on halo reach chest piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadyclown

Hi,

I have already resized 3 times and printed and the chest piece still seems small. The original file by BMclain was height 420 and i have gone upto 450 and still seems small. Can anyone help me find a fit size for me. What would it be? I am 5 feet 5 inches tall.

Thank you guys! go 405th!

honestly, sizing armour is very trial and error based..
your best bet would be to compare yourself to an image of the spartan chest being worn by someone and then see how much it comes off them compared to the chest you have built..

I would have to agree with AceNat... I haven't built the chest myself, but I did some calculations and measurements based on your numbers... And I would have to think that 450 would be a little too BIG for you... (I'm 5'10''-5'11'' and the chest at 450 should just about fit me perfectly...) Are you sure the file you have is in the 400's and not the 300's? (I have Rhinoc's Reach chest and it measures 350 is why I'm asking)

hi,

Thank you for replying to the post. The file is by BMclain and the original size was 420 height. I increased it to 450 and it just gets longer than wider. It wont fit pieces in 1 paper anymore if i enlarge it more. Can i get a link to Rhinocs's Reach chest?

*There are quite a few different Reach chests to choose from as well... I'm still going through the pack myself... lol

The original file by BMclain was height 420 and i have gone upto 450 and still seems small.
Just a point of clarification: the original model was done by rundown and unfolded by Brandon McClain. Unfortunately, rundown's name is nowhere on the file.

When you go to size a piece, you will generally want to measure the proportion that most greatly determines proper fit. For most parts it is height. For a cod it would be width. Same for your chest. Measure where the widest part of the model should sit relative to your body. If you cant fit all of the parts onto the page after resizing, feel free to move the parts around, no one is going to be offended, I'm sure not! Click and drag to your hearts content!!

The original model by rundown isn't too game accurate but was pretty well done considering the amount of reference it was made from before reach came out. I built it and im 6 feet tall. The back isn't long since it's missing some components and its not a detailed account of the back so I plan to add something to the lower back maybe a bag or pack as an ammo stash. Anyways It fits fine my chest is about 34 cm accross and The default scale is perfect across. BUT the head hole is small so you'll need to cut the hole bigger after you resin it. also big tip. add support struts or mount it on a body mannequin cuz mine warped quite a bit. you can see my thread in my sig to see how it fits me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back