help on building a rotating halo 3 turret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDashIVXx

Sr Member
Halloween is currently 7 weeks away and I am in the process of building my halo suit. I am almost done and I would like to build the halo 3 turret to really drive it home. I want it to spin, and I am going to make a pvc frame/skeleton and cover the skeleton/make the gun itself out of eva foam. I have a black and decker 2 position pivoting handled cordless screwdriver and hope it is enough to rotate the barrel, and it has a flashlight built into it so maybe I can have muzzle flashes, but can you guys please tell me how to make the trigger work. I don't know how I can make the turret look like it should without this big handle sticking out, and all the threads I have read have had the drill or screwdriver taken apart and soldered or modded. I have never done this and would like to not do so, but if inevitable I guess I could try... any suggestions or experience? than you so much.

this is the design so you have a reference.

halo 3 turret - Google Search:

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/images/blog/Halo3_Spartan_Blue_turret2.jpg

Hey, sorry for a kind of late reply here, but I've built one before and have a whole thread on how I got everything to work. What you need is one of those flexible impact extenders from Home Depot or Harbor Freight. I have a pic of it in here: Halo 3 detachable turret

I'm amazed that in all my time here I have never seen that. Thank you so much and I love it!

I'm amazed that in all my time here I have never seen that. Thank you so much and I love it!
Yeah it's been buried deep in time on here lol. Plus it doesn't say anything about it being rotatable, just detachable. Guess I should have made the title say both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back