Help on Printing Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

urdabum

Hi,
How do you guys print out your pepakura? I just printed out some of the helmet and it does not seem like its big enough for my head. lolz Are you guys using 8 x 11 paper with the weight of 65lb?

You don't scale by changing the paper format. You set the program to whichever paper format you have, then scale the model to a certain dimension you have measured on yourself, then rearrange the pieces and THEN print the whole thing.

Aside from that, 65 lb paper is not heavy enough. You need 200 to 250 g/m², that's around 110 lb and upwards, depending on paper type.

Make sure to read everything you can find about every new step you take. No need to spend more time and money than neccessary.

Well in order to print out the right size you need to scale it to your measurements. There are some tutorials and stickies on the site that can help.

The Pepakura designer/viewer tells you the size of the helmet on the lower right. You use that as a guide and determine if the printed helmet is the right size for your head. Most of the time you cannot tell if it fits your head until you are halfway done. You should allow some wiggle room to put in the visor. Never make the helmet too tight.

You should read some of the tutorials that are available on the forum. 65lb paper is not strong enough. 110lb cardstock is the preferred choice.

65lbs will work, i used it on my first suit, but it was warped and difficult to resin later on. Im using 110 now and its far better i would change it now before you get to far along.

depends on the helmet really. normally for a full grown male it can range from 270mm-300mm. But again that depends on the helmet, my Reach scout helmet 300 but my MV 5 (B) was only 280.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back