"Help!" Please need help unfolding Zero helmet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gundam
okay, after the last four hours working on smoothing this, i opened in PD3 and noticed some edges and faces on the inside of the model that i didn't noticed the first time. it is pretty much pointless to unfold until those are removed, and i am truly, truly sorry to say that i just don't have the skill to do that at this time. i would have some one like halogoddess to work on that and then try to unfold it. you also might want to put a hole to put your head in, that is if you plan on wearing it. when i tried to delete some of the extra pieces the model would bend and twist. so again, i am sorry that couldn't do more.

here are some screenshots of the result of smoothing, i did the best i could.
w.png

s.jpg

dfd.jpg

1.jpg

Wait a sec. Are you talking about the round part of the helmet, like the black part? Im not going to use that part anyway because i was planing on getting a normal helmet. Can you do it if i just send a 3d model of the red part and the ear pieces?

I looked at the 3d model and i think i see what you mean. Each piece is an individual 3d model and some parts overlap. I seperated the red parts, the jewl, and the ears. I dont have the black or base part of the helmet because im not using it. Do you think you be able to do it now?

yes that might help a bit, did you also separate the little white piece on the lower back of the helmet?, also my new email is noble1.kc@gmail.com, so send them and i will see what i can do

Yes i seperated that as well. Its all in one file but there all seperated so you shouldnt have a problem unfolding them anymore. Ill email you the new file in a little while.

Lets do this that way. Ill send you the files in pieces. Is that alright? Ill send you the red parts on the ears now. It goes on top of the ear in the middle.

okay i got them and will start unfolding them and yes i did scale them that is why i thought it would be best to separate the files it is easier to scale. the scale is the same as the original file

no i was not going to smooth them because my test pep turned out fine plus some bondo will smooth it once it is hardened

Can i see the test pep? And is there another file type you can use besides .OBJ... because blenders not working to well with that file type.

i will post pics after i finish all the test peps and my 3ds max program keeps crashing, the only other format i can use is OBJ for now. sorry

Forget about what i said before about another file. I sent all of them in object as you already know. Just keep me posted on how it goes. :)

done with the test peps and i sent you the email already. sorry for no pics, my sister has my camera right now, i will post them later tonight or in the morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back