Help printer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNSC 117 Chief

Hello My printer is broken, :-( need a quick replacement printer can give me a Share for as 100-120 € the paper prints at 180 without any problems.

because I have to buy a new one.

I'd suggest you specify a little what you need. Inkjet, laser? Is B/W sufficient or do you need colored prints? What do you mean by 180? Is that lb or g/m²?

I don't know all that much about printers. I'm using a Brother DCP-7055W, B/W laser printer, and I'm totally happy with it for "normal" printing. Haven't done that yet, but it provides a straight intake-outlet without rolling the paper (don't quite know how to describe it. Normally the paper gets rolled over when inside the printer so you can feed it and take it out both from the front, with the straight intake-outlet option you put it in in the front but take it out from the back) for thicker paper. It's a bit more expensive though, on german Amazon, it's 160€.

I'd suggest you specify a little what you need. Inkjet, laser? Is B/W sufficient or do you need colored prints? What do you mean by 180? Is that lb or g/m²?

I don't know all that much about printers. I'm using a Brother DCP-7055W, B/W laser printer, and I'm totally happy with it for "normal" printing. Haven't done that yet, but it provides a straight intake-outlet without rolling the paper (don't quite know how to describe it. Normally the paper gets rolled over when inside the printer so you can feed it and take it out both from the front, with the straight intake-outlet option you put it in in the front but take it out from the back) for thicker paper. It's a bit more expensive though, on german Amazon, it's 160€.

Ah ok i mean 160 g/m2 sorry yes ok thx i buy this printer Brother DCP-7055W, B / PERFECT!!! for me Pepakura Templates

Well that was a quick decision ;) glad I could help, and please tell us when you got the printer how well it does the job. Oh, and please don't sue me if it doesn't :D

Aaaaand a little hint, which you will probably only need in a couple months (and hopefully remember over then): the printer tends to telling you the toner is empty waaaaaaay before it really is (don't know how it does that, I guess it's some hardcoded page counter). You can reset that counter quite easily with some key combination and then print on until the image gets bad.

Here you go: http://julian.pustkuchen.com/brother-laserdrucker-toner-noch-voll-obwohl-toner-leer-trotzdem-laenger-nutzen

don't worry about it being German if you're not, the important part is copied from elsewhere in English :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back