Help Uploading a File to the Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayByMyOwnRule

So with Fallout 4 being upon us, I decided I would upload the Fallout files I've collected over the years for all of my fellow Vault Dwellers to enjoy. There's a problem though, my files don't have any images. How do I accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
So with Fallout 4 being upon us, I decided I would upload the Fallout files I've collected over the years for all of my fellow Vault Dwellers to enjoy. There's a problem though, my files don't have any images. How do I accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated.

Use Printscreen or the Snipping Tool to take a snapshot image of the file you're uploading - I'd suggest taking a shot of the 3D file in Pepakura, with the file dimensions no larger than 400x400. From there, upload your files into the Archive, with the corresponding image file checked as a Thumbnail for each file.

PlayByMyOwnRule

Use Printscreen or the Snipping Tool to take a snapshot image of the file you're uploading - I'd suggest taking a shot of the 3D file in Pepakura, with the file dimensions no larger than 400x400. From there, upload your files into the Archive, with the corresponding image file checked as a Thumbnail for each file.

Will do, Thanks for the help.

mux213

Am I overlooking the upload button or do you need a minimum number of posts before allowing to upload? Was planning to upload the 10mm pistol unfold I did last night.

PlayByMyOwnRule, looking forward to seeing which files you have:) Can't wait for the new T60 (there is a guy on therpf already doing one), wonder if they will make it open at the back like its showing in the XBOX E3 presentation.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Am I overlooking the upload button or do you need a minimum number of posts before allowing to upload? Was planning to upload the 10mm pistol unfold I did last night.

You're absolutely not - New Recruits aren't allowed Upload permissions to the File Archive. You'll need to spend a consecutive 90 days on the forum and contribute at least 50 posts to pass into the Full Member group and receive uploading permissions.

Be patient, it'll happen.

mux213

You're absolutely not - New Recruits aren't allowed Upload permissions to the File Archive. You'll need to spend a consecutive 90 days on the forum and contribute at least 50 posts to pass into the Full Member group and receive uploading permissions.

Be patient, it'll happen.
I thought it would be something like that:)

Anyways they are on my drop box for now for anyone who wants them :)

PlayByMyOwnRule

I have three files (Chinese Assault Rifle, Combat Shotgun, and Laser Pistol) which I am told are "too big to be uploaded." Who would I shrink the size of these files?

Status
Not open for further replies.