Help with electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMAW09

I am attempting to hook up an x rocker pro gaming chair to my entertainment system. I have a 40" Toshiba 40e210u tv hooked up to a Samsung HW-C560s audio receiver. Through the samsung, I have a ps3 and xbox 260 connected with HDMI cables.

My problem is the rocker only has red/white av cable outlets. From what I can tell the audio receiver has no standard audio out only component out and subwoofer out. I've tried hooking the cables up to numerous combinations of these but haven't been sucessful.

My TV has an optical audio out. I was thinking about trying to get an optical audio out to av audio converter, but I was wondering since the tv is hooked up to the audio receiver via HDMI if it would work to go strait through the tv.

Here are some screenshots of the systems I am working with. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

rockerhdmi.jpg

rockerguide.jpg

backofav.jpg

avlist.jpg

If I'm reading all this correctly... I think you need a 'line output converter'. It takes the speaker level component out and converts it back to RCA outputs. That would let you go straight into the chair via RCA cables.

The Scosche LOC-80 is one option, good for up to 80W per channel and has an adjustable gain control. Crutchfield has them for about $20.

You can get RCA audio out of both the PS3 and XBOX360 directly. Connect the PS3/360 to the tv like normal.

The PS3 is easier, use the RCA cable it came with to connect to the chair, then set in the PS3 settings to output audio to both HDMI/Optical & RCA.

For the xbox360 you will need an adapter. The official "Optical Audio Adapter For XBOX 360" will do the trick (it has RCA outputs), can buy used for less than $10.

heh, thanks

I have done it without the xbox360 adapter cable too. Just pop the plastic cover off of the RCA cable it comes with. Without the plastic cover you can plug in both the hdmi and the RCA cables at the same time into the xbox.

After all that I get it turned on and it works great for five minutes. I hear a pop, a burnt smell, lose all sound and the seat vibrator turns on and wont come off. I emailed the company and they told me to bring it to walmart and get it replaced. One of these days I might just be able to use the chair.

On another note I really like this chair when it works. I think I might have just gotten a lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back