Help with foam build please

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy026

Hey I'm quite new to armor building. I've been a member of this site for a while, but soon after joining my wife and I had a kid so, so haven't done anything since. Now that the children are older I can get back to making the armor I've always wanted.
I'm looking at building a standard mark IV suit to begin with, using eva foam. I've spent some time reading posts on the forums, watched quite a few videos on you tube, and I think I'm ready to give it a go. What I want help with is that I'm trying to find simple templates that I can use, just to build my skill level and so I know what I'm doing. I've found a few on the archives and through you tube links, but everything I found seems to be above my basic skill level. If anyone has any basic templates, or know how to found some, I would really be thankful

so a good place to start is with a recruit helmet. it's super simple, and is a good place to start. I was Dumb and decided to start on a MkVII as a first build. Regret, regret, regret. Don't be mblackwell. :D

do a practice piece, keep your razor blades very sharp, and have fun. Drink lots of coffee. that last one is very important. I finished up my first build a while back, and it looked like this: (this was a photoshoot)
MC snow angels 2.png

and I built the recruit helmet as well, and it looked like this:
Recruit.png it was a super fun and easy build, so try it out as a test if you'd like. the test always teaches you a lot. so go ahead, jump on in!

Thanks everyone for your input and the tips. I mistyped, meant I'm after a mark VI suit.

Hey! I'm doing my first build as well. Currently I'm using templates found here for foam: Halo Spartan Mark VI Foam Files : Complete Armour files They've been relatively easy to work with.

Hopefully someone will swing by with better info about the archives. Welcome to the forums! :D

Thanks for the link. Seems simple enough to sink my teeth into. I might start this weekend. I will put up photos of my progress, but having 2 young kids i don't get much time, so might take some time.

Thanks for the link. Seems simple enough to sink my teeth into. I might start this weekend. I will put up photos of my progress, but having 2 young kids i don't get much time, so might take some time.

No problem, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back