help with head sizes/scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilie120

Sr Member
ok i measured my head today and i need help with the scale, can any iof you legends out there help me? because i dont want to make the helmet to big again. the dieametr of my head is 22inches or 56.5cm, and the hight of my head is 9.5 inches or 25cm

69329bb46b.jpg

fccef9b173.jpg

heres some pics to help ;-) thanx if you can help me

Problem is that the size of the helmet is based upon the outside shell. How the inside fits to your head will have a lot more to do with what you use to reinforce it and what padding you put in, etc....

Head measurements make it hard to scale a helmet to you. However, I believe Fraz said that the origional model was scaled to 7'2" tall. So if you tell me how tall you are in inches, we should be able to rescale the size of the model so that it is designed for your overall frame, which may help more.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but I think it's just too hard to size a helmet off the info you gave.

I rescaled mine to my height and found that it is barely big enough to fit over my head. Although height isn't the only determining factor for your head. You could try measuring to your chin, and then minus that from your height, then do the same for MC and find the scaling size.

Or just use an assembled height from the standards in the Helmet Types and Comparisons thread in Molded Armor.

Unfold it then in the 2d options tab select ScaleUp/Down Development by Specifying value

Should also be in the tutorial.

Or another way is to measure your chest. And use the assembled size option to work out the scale of the chest peices. Then use the same scale on the helmet.

Theory being, If the chest and helmet are the same scale it won't look too small or too big.

smilie120 said:
cn sum1 just get the scale for me if im 5ft 6inches!?!?!?!? i havt got a clu wat ur on about

i tried measuring my chest then altering the hight by using the with with like bezerker reconmended, then i got the scale copyed and pasted it in to the mc helmet on pepakura but the hight was only 21cm!?!!?!? and thats way to small so can any one help mw?

Last edited by a moderator:
smilie120 said:
cn sum1 just get the scale for me if im 5ft 6inches!?!?!?!? i havt got a clu wat ur on about
chill we same size 5 6 so I did the equation and you go into scaleing and replace 30.whatever with 23.28572

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, if u scaled yours down to 20%, then i probably have to redo my helmet too cause it wont obviously fit me cause i didnt re-scale the helmet. Oh well, ill just give my old helmet to my older bro. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back