Soft Parts Help With Making A Golem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Hi guys, I am in need of a bit of help here what I plan to do this with it my lycra bodysuit and hot glue the foam onto the suit the problem I have here is where to start and how I should go about making this in the video on this site you can see the size of the fists and the size of the legs thats the two main parts I will have trouble with making the other place I'll have trouble with is making the head which you can't see very well in the video any info would be helpful also looking at where I can get 20cm thick foam from to do this with as well.

http://www.ditii.com/2006/05/19/stone-golem-made-of-foam/

From what I can discern they used a bunch of old foam mattresses they had laying around.

To start, get that foam and lots of hot glue. They used over 50 sticks! You may want to melt the hot glue in a container, and smear it on (for more info, look up the "hot glue" method), and slap it on the ends of foam chunks.

If you pull this off... :D

Furniture foam maybe? You can usually get it at an upholstery store. It is used to stuff couches and whatnot. Comes in pretty thick pieces. dunno pricing though.

50 Sticks? Wow, that is very small, or maybe I'm very wasteful, I used about 100 sticks for my Mrk. 6!.

You wont use them at that size, but it'll get you thinking about proportional Ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would like to know most was did they wait till the glue was almost cool or what when they went to sticking the foam to the undersuit, because if they just stuck it to the suit while the glue was fully hot i'll have to be careful of burns.

for my nightmare skin i went almost the same way. a friend of mine glued the foam on a shirt while i was wearing it. we used the glue gun instead of melting the sticks because when you melt it the glue is much hotter and you will get burned in the process, just take your time while your doing this if you have questions just pm me.

darkie

Yeah be careful about temperature. I have in experience melted the foam with the tip of a glue gun by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back