Help With Odst Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr slopig

I need to make a visor for a odst helm without vaccume forming and i have been looking for ways to make one without a motorcycle visor.I might get a motorcycle visor for christmas but any other ways?

I have already thought about plastic but what kind of plastic and where to i buy tint.

I do not have a jigsaw for cutting.

XxMr SlopigxX said:
I need to make a visor for a odst helm without vaccume forming and i have been looking for ways to make one without a motorcycle visor.I might get a motorcycle visor for christmas but any other ways?

I have already thought about plastic but what kind of plastic and where to i buy tint.

I do not have a jigsaw for cutting.

Honestly I don't know how you can make an ODST visor if you can't vacuum form or don't have a jig saw. You could probably use a thin plastic sheet from a hobby store but it is weak but cutable from a scissor. If you want you can melt plastic but not too mutch and then shape it or push it on to the pepakura visor you bondoed and sanded. If not then you can just heat a regular visor and glue it on to the helmet but you won't get that bent look.

Last edited by a moderator:
DeathOfBlades said:
Honestly I don't know how you can make an ODST visor if you can't vacuum form or don't have a jig saw. You could probably use a thin plastic sheet from a hobby store but it is weak but cutable from a scissor. If you want you can melt plastic but not too mutch and then shape it or push it on to the pepakura visor you bondoed and sanded. If not then you can just heat a regular visor and glue it on to the helmet but you won't get that bent look.

Can i take it to the hobby shop for them to vaccume form a visor

The cheapest/easiest way to do it is vacuum-forming

(or wait to become a vet and buy one from someone here)

Making the machine to create vacuum formed parts is easier than you may think:

You'd make a master of the visor shape, then follow the same steps in the video with a transparent/tinted piece of plastic.

You could make the master in any number of ways:

You could sculpt it (if clay is your thing)

or you could pep it up off one of the many odst helmet peps on here and strengthen it with resin/fiberglass

Yep :)

There are other members here far more intimately acquainted with this process than I am though, so I'd ask them specifically how they did it. I've vacuum formed a few things in the past for work related things but not visors. I'm sure someone will be happy to tell you what kind of plastic to use and what would be the most efficient way to create your master form.

Or you could check out what Rube did with his odst visor. he took two iridium motorcycle visors and cut them so they intersected to make the right shape. check it out.

hey guys i know i said i was gonna vacuume form my visor but dad wont go for it as i am nearing the end of my helmet i am getting more and more desparet for the visor

are there any offers up on any sites or i heard about a tinting film whats the deal with that?

if anyone can answer this plz i need to know what type of plastic i can use to vac-form an odst visor i have everything all i need is the plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back